Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Manuals and other information

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damon View Post
    Hi Ship,

Since this will be a sticky, can you also include some of the other stuff you posted some months ago here, such as the drawings for the 50-gallon fuel tanks for the 26's?

Thank you.
    That stuff is on the information page.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Is that the 31 with surface drives in the second to
      last pic?
      Serenity
      07 246 WA
      5.7 MPI Crusader

Comment

Not surface drives, just a large tunnel, I think. That is not the way the boat ended up.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

I think that is a tunnel drive system. I remember George talking about them experimenting with surface piercing props but I think that was scraped.
          Atlantic City, NJ
          1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

How did it preform compared to the standard inboard setup? kind of similar to the 17'er but a twin.
            Serenity
            07 246 WA
            5.7 MPI Crusader

Comment

I hope Nay can reply. I didn't pay close attention when he was talking about it. Ask Gregk, his is a tunnel but a single.
              Atlantic City, NJ
              1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Originally posted by Ship View Post
                I found an old back up disc that has more manuals and I have one of Nay's discs that has the drawings he did for us a while back. Does anyone want me to post them as well?
                Boy, am I late on seeing this sticky. Only 5 months late!
                Ship, I can't thank you enough for doing this and really do appreciate you uploading the info. Thanks.

FYI, on the pic showing the 31 GS tunnel under construction: I wasn't there when this was done but by association with George and others here is the skinny as I can recall.
                She was the prototype GS and indeed did have surfacing (super-cavitating) props with wedge rudders. Notice there are no exhaust ports since they were deep in the tunnel to help ventilating the tunnel along with additional vents open to the deck. At the time I was at school in Boca Raton, FL and working part time with a fishing supply manufacturer (Lindgren-Pitman) that was also involved with super-cavitating/tunnel boats so there was a lot of info passed back and forth. Anyway, the discussions between Shamrock and the other builder helped in experimenting with correct tunnel ventilation and getting the right amount of air so that the props could cavitate properly. George "nailed it".
                The boat was a screamer!! With twin gassers (I think they were 454's, I may be wrong) the boat did close to 45 knots but got a little squirrely. However, because of the wedge rudders and cleaver style props she could not back down at all. No directional control, which is quite a no-no for a sport-fisher. Plus, with the exhausts so far up the tunnel, there was an extreme tendency for gagging the engines.
                George resorted to re-rigging the GS with conventional running gear. The genius of how George thinks was that when the hull mold was made, George did not incorporate the tunnel into it, it was an insert just in case it didn't work. George pulled the boat, cut out the tunnel and spliced in the full bottom, which he got directly from the mold. He's always thinking.
                Nay
                Last edited by Nay; 08-19-2017, 09:38 AM.
                If it doesn't say SHAMROCK, it doesn't say much

'85 Shamrock 17'
                '68 Bertram 20' Bahia Mar

Comment

Nay, you are just a wealth of information.....I can't thank you enough for your participation on the forums. I always love reading your responses to posts. Just like the one a couple of days ago with the pipe trick for installing rub rail rope. A simple trick, but how many people even think of something as easy as that. I personally have always used the rubber hammer (with success) but after reading your post I will try the pipe trick the next time.......thanks again for all you do for us.
                  Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
                  1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
                  2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
                  Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
                  17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

Nay, fascinating bit of history for these great boats! Appreciate your time for sharing it!
                    Karen
                    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Clyde, Karen,
                      Thanks for the kindness, it's fun passing this along. I find as I get older I tend to ramble. I guess it's my brain's way of saying share this before senility sets in.
                      Nay
                      If it doesn't say SHAMROCK, it doesn't say much

'85 Shamrock 17'
                      '68 Bertram 20' Bahia Mar

Comment

Ramble as much as you want, I think it is priceless information wrapped up in cool story format!
                        Karen
                        Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                        1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                        1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                        3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Great info here!
                          Jeff
                          2008 32' Carolina Classic
                          1990 Shamrock Mackinaw (sold)
                          1998 Shamrock Pilot (Sold)

Comment

Thank you for posting this have found some useful information.
                            Mark
                            1990 26’ open 351W Indmar
                            1987 30’ Blackwatch twin 351W Crusaders (sold)

Comment

Mercruiser 350. Includes Alignment Procedures and Other Good Stuff
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozhbdpplab...anual.pdf?dl=0

Borg Warner Velvet Drive. Last One is From Detroit Diesel But Shows a Lot
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmvvgfal81...anual.pdf?dl=0
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wqpt0gg02...al-09.pdf?dl=0

Quadrajet
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0syociiy2...anual.pdf?dl=0

Twin S Controls
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4szmfjh2v...Rev.3.pdf?dl=0

Transmission/Coupling Info-Sizing
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/7otyqfi70j...plain.pdf?dl=0
                              Last edited by Pedlyr; 04-29-2018, 10:19 AM.
                              '78 20ft Cuddy
                              Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

Bump...Added this. Very handy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7otyqfi70j...plain.pdf?dl=0
                                '78 20ft Cuddy
                                Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

Working...
                                X