Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damper Plate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damper Plate

    Took the 17 out yesterday for it's pre launch shakedown cruise. As usual there was a problem.

    Things were going pretty smooth for about 5 minutes then a really loud chatter developed from the rear part of the boat. So I back it down to around 1500 RPM and it went away, throttled back up to 3000 RPM and it was back.

    Limped her back to the trailer thinking, why do I keep torturing myself with these God forsaking inboards. :-)

    Back at the shop my first though was cutlass bearing but that wasn't adding up. At that point I just checked out and went outside and planted grass seed, I need a mental break

    This morning with a clear mind I stared thinking about it again and had an AHAAA moment... damper plate!!!

    Well this should be fun, guess I'll replace the cutlass bearing too while it's apart‚Äč.
    Last edited by Striper Sniper; 05-21-2023, 08:46 AM.

  • #2
    Pat, thats a pretty simple job. No need to change the cutlass if it is good.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
      Pat, thats a pretty simple job. No need to change the cutlass if it is good.
      It has a little shaft wobble and vibration so I think I send it out to be check for straightness, mind as well put everything back together as new as possible.

      Comment


      • #4
        So........... when you need a mental break, you plant grass seed?
        1980 pilot house 351
        1988 260 predator 408

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Striper Sniper View Post

          It has a little shaft wobble and vibration so I think I send it out to be check for straightness, mind as well put everything back together as new as possible.
          Good idea. I can seed my whole property in about 3 minutes from the deck.
          1988 26' cuddy
          1975 20' open
          16' Sandpiper
          14' Certified Fiberglass

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by My My Hey Hey View Post
            So........... when you need a mental break, you plant grass seed?
            Well yes, yes I do. ;-)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post

              Good idea. I can seed my whole property in about 3 minutes from the deck.
              Let me know before it goes up for sale. :-)

              Comment

              Working...
              X