Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship
    commented on 's reply
    $1200 down the drain. I don't think Ted paid full cost but damn what a hit.

• Striper Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship View Post
    They have been around forever. (Barr) Didn't Teds boat come with the stainless heads? All the manufacturers went Chinese so none are what they used to be.
    It did, but I'm not able to get my hands between the manifolds and side of the gutters to get the bolts/studs in. AND this is with the center console off.

Leave a comment:

• Striper Sniper
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveR View Post
    Pat. Why not use oem PCM manifolds and risers? I’ve always had pretty good luck with them and found them to be competitively priced. Just got a full set for my Ski Nautique and was pleased. The boat came with Sierra manifolds and risers and I couldn’t change the plugs. My engine is a HO with GT three bar heads.
    I was gifted the BARR manifolds and a set of PCM risers. It's more cost effective to replace the PCM risers with BARR raisers as compared to PCM manifolds.

Leave a comment:

• Ship
    replied
    They have been around forever. (Barr) Didn't Teds boat come with the stainless heads? All the manufacturers went Chinese so none are what they used to be.

Leave a comment:

• DaveR
    replied
    Pat. Why not use oem PCM manifolds and risers? I’ve always had pretty good luck with them and found them to be competitively priced. Just got a full set for my Ski Nautique and was pleased. The boat came with Sierra manifolds and risers and I couldn’t change the plugs. My engine is a HO with GT three bar heads.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised if they all come out of the same foundry in China.

Leave a comment:

• Pedlyr
    replied
    So I used Barr to replace my 350 Mercruiser 3" manifolds a few years ago. No problems, just the hose had to be an 1/8" bigger. Probably a patent thing.

Leave a comment:

• Striper Sniper
    started a topic Exhaust manifold

Exhaust manifold

Anyone have any experience with BARR MARINE manifolds... good bad or ugly?
Working...
X