Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Exhaust manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust manifold

Anyone have any experience with BARR MARINE manifolds... good bad or ugly?

So I used Barr to replace my 350 Mercruiser 3" manifolds a few years ago. No problems, just the hose had to be an 1/8" bigger. Probably a patent thing.
    '78 20ft Cuddy
    Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they all come out of the same foundry in China.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Pat. Why not use oem PCM manifolds and risers? I’ve always had pretty good luck with them and found them to be competitively priced. Just got a full set for my Ski Nautique and was pleased. The boat came with Sierra manifolds and risers and I couldn’t change the plugs. My engine is a HO with GT three bar heads.

Comment

They have been around forever. (Barr) Didn't Teds boat come with the stainless heads? All the manufacturers went Chinese so none are what they used to be.
          Atlantic City, NJ
          1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
            Pat. Why not use oem PCM manifolds and risers? I’ve always had pretty good luck with them and found them to be competitively priced. Just got a full set for my Ski Nautique and was pleased. The boat came with Sierra manifolds and risers and I couldn’t change the plugs. My engine is a HO with GT three bar heads.
            I was gifted the BARR manifolds and a set of PCM risers. It's more cost effective to replace the PCM risers with BARR raisers as compared to PCM manifolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship View Post
              They have been around forever. (Barr) Didn't Teds boat come with the stainless heads? All the manufacturers went Chinese so none are what they used to be.
              It did, but I'm not able to get my hands between the manifolds and side of the gutters to get the bolts/studs in. AND this is with the center console off.

Comment

• Ship
                Ship commented
                Editing a comment
                $1200 down the drain. I don't think Ted paid full cost but damn what a hit.
            Working...
            X