Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Lifting up deck 26 Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting up deck 26 Express

Bad fuel sender on port tank. Looks like I'll have to lift the deck to get access, how big/ vile a project is it ?

Understand the Express was manufactured '94-'03, after my Mack. Not familiar with the Express layout, but if you have the deck hatches over the fuel tanks, and assuming nothing is on top of them, it's not a hard job. Again, not sure of the access/layout of an Express.

You know this but Ill say it anyway, you are working over essentially an open can of gas. Be careful of sparks, etc. Also, depending on your tanks' design/age, the sending unit will either be held in with screws and gasket or threaded in like a pipe plug.

Before you pull the sending unit check the connections and ground.
    C Rhodes
    26' Mackinaw - 1990
    351 Indmar (1990-2006: Great Engine)
    351 PCM (2006 - Current)
    Southport, NC

Comment

I have worked on a few express models. Post up a picture of your deck . I won't ever work on one again.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Looks pretty straighforward. But even with the deck up I'll have to get under the side deck to get at the screws. Tested it, definitely sender sunk. I'm too big to fit in front of engine & still reach it, just barely touch the connections to determine dead.

Comment

Working...
        X