Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Fuel injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injection

Anyone figure out how to use this in a marine application ? Like Holley sniper or FI tech.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

There was a guy on the Facebook page that added holley sniper to a 351w. I believe he had to mill an adapter for the manifold for the o2 sensor. Didnt really give details on performance gains though.

Comment

Been talking this option for months now and the only way it seems is to adapt the exhaust manifold to accept the O2 sensor. How, I don't know.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

If I had a dollar for everyone who came on to Correct Craft Fan looking to add FI I'd be rich. Everyone talks but no one ever comes back with results. I think once they see the price and the complexity of the install they get scared off. I also think many are not good mechanics in the first place and think it can just be bolted on and eliminate all their engine problems. Many guys here though seem to know their way around a shop and would be able to figure their way around a problem. Jerry, here are a couple of picture I've saved over the years for sensor install- one is just and adapter machined to fit between the manifold and the riser. The other is some brass spud that was found years ago on ebay and the riser machined to accept it. O2 sensors don't like water or it's vapor? - the one that fit between the manifold and riser was installed by a friend just to tune his carb,he said the sensor did not last long. All this is above my pay grade,so I have decided just to install a complete FI engine and at the same time to upgrade to fresh water cooling as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	plate1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	32542

Click image for larger version

Name:	pcm riser o2 mount.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	32543

Comment

Find a used 350/330 hp Capt choice MPI with the harness and ECU. It is built on a Vortec Chevy.
          Just wishin', and hopen', and dreamin'

Comment

Use one of the adapters that Gary posted, the sensor will last long enough for the system to learn the fuel table. The sensor can be disabled (computer in open loop) when the tune is complete to prevent problems caused by a damaged sensor.

I calibrate all of the modern EFI systems, including the Holley and FiTech systems. I prefer Holley tuning software over FiTech but both are good. Sniper is USCG approved in 4 barrel and 2 barrel systems.

Let me know if you need any help with installation or settings.
            Steve
            1998 260 Mackinaw Sea Maxx 5.7 HO TBI 12' Klamath w/ 20hp Tohatsu EFI

Comment

Working...
          X