Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Engine misfires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct no in line resistor.

Comment

But still the problem wasnt there until you installed the new ignition correct? It doesn't matter whether its the same or not. Its still different and should be considered. Am I reading this wrong?
      1980 pilot house 351
      1988 260 predator 408

Comment

You are partially correct. I did change out the coil but not the magnetic ignition a couple of years ago when this problem started. I went back to the original coil and the problem was still there. I read somewhere if you don’t have the correct resistance coil it can damage the magnetic ignition so I did a direct replacement of the ignition with a coil that was recommended by Pertronix for the magnetic ignition.

I inspected the check value on each tank and the ball and spring seem to be functioning correctly. I guess I’m down to inspecting the tank pick up to see if the screen ( if it has one) is partially clogged. Outside of that I’m out of ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X