Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Damper plate

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damper plate

    I am in the process of making the 351 Ford to 350 Chevy swap. I pulled a Mercruiser 350 Mag MPI from another boat that had a V drive installed. I need to mate the old Velvet Drive to the new Chevy engine. Everything lines up with the bellhousing, but I am going to need a new damper plate. Was looking for recommendations on what damper plate I need. Thanks.

  • #2
    Did you try your old Ford one to see if it matches your Chevy flywheel? Many fit multiple engines but only one make trans. Read this here - look under ALTDA-106 or ALTDA-106A . These are both the same damper,one just has the ears trimmed. I don't recommend them they can be difficult with help or returns.
    Last edited by gary s; 04-23-2021, 03:16 PM.


    • #3
      You could also ask Vince at Skidim,he is very helpful and knows his stuff


      • #4
        I did try the Ford damper on the chevy and none of the holes lined up. So.eone else recommended the ALTDA-106, I think I will be going with that plate, thanks


        • #5
          Well ordered the DA-106 yesterday and a new trans cooler since the 350 has a 1 1/4" raw water pump. Still have to get a strainer and need to find the remote oil lines, getting there.


          • #6
            Will you be parting out the 351?


            • #7
              Planning on selling it whole. It is complete and runs fine.