Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Black Plastic Bag Cutter? Spurs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Plastic Bag Cutter? Spurs?

I went for swim today to remove a black Hefty bag from my wheel. The water was a brisk 56* but my surf suit made it manageable.

Homeless folks live on the banks of storm channels in my area and, with the first inch of rain, the inshore area is mine field of trash bags.The Hippies worried about plastic straws pay no mind to the true trash vector in our midst

Does anyone have experience with Propeller Spurs or something similar? I'm thinking it may be worth a try.

Last edited by tuner; 02-07-2021, 08:35 PM.
    Steve
    1998 260 Mackinaw Sea Maxx 5.7 HO TBI 12' Klamath w/ 20hp Tohatsu EFI

I believe plastic bags would just wrap up in the spurs. Other than a cage, I don't know what would work.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Thanks Jerry. The damn things wrap so tight on the shaft I have to tear them off in pieces. Just part of the fun I guess. This was better than the lobster pot float episode, no suit on the boat for that adventure, just skivvies.
      Steve

Comment

Been there, done that. I feel your pain.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

My nightmare has always been running over a lobster float at night,they are everywhere here. Won't have too many chances left to do it- just sold the place after a week on the market. Have not had a chance to put the boat in all season but have to so I can get it on the trailer properly for the trip back to Illinois.

Comment

Property is hot everywhere Gary. My little neighborhood has changed in the last year. We have a lot of "really important" people from Raleigh all of a sudden. Don't know how us poor beach hicks lived all these years without all their "know how to do it".

Tuner, I asked on the "Down East Boat " forum and there has been no good answer yet.
            1988 26' cuddy
            1975 20' open
            16' Sandpiper
            14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

https://www.yachtingmonthly.com/gear...ter-test-30012
              1988 26' cuddy
              1975 20' open
              16' Sandpiper
              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Awesome video!
                Steve

Comment

Nice when you actually see what a product can do. Can't believe how wonderful you Californians are. Waterfront property for the homeless. Awesome.
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

There are quite a few prop protector designs with similar YouTube videos, its like watching a train wreck.

California was a great place live, not so much now....Taxation without representation and plenty of representation without taxation!
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X