Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Need new engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump is good. I took the carb off and sprayed carb cleaner into the inlet. Wouldn't go in. Let it sit overnight with as much as it would hold and it cleared. Cleaner will flow freely now but back on the engine and no gas when I work the throttle.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

What carburetor are we talking about?
      1980 pilot house 351
      1988 260 predator 408

Comment

2 barrel Rochester. I have a bunch, as in 10 or more Holley 4 bbl. Some still wrapped from Hobbs.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Remove the top. The accelerator pump will come with it. Check for cracks and dry rot on the pump. Put gas in the hole your pump came out of then stick your finger in the hole and push. Your finger acts as the pump and see if fuel comes out of the squirters. If no fuel comes out check the check valve and the holes in the squirters for clogs and sticking.
          1980 pilot house 351
          1988 260 predator 408

Comment

Will do Steve, thanks.
            1988 26' cuddy
            1975 20' open
            16' Sandpiper
            14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
            X