Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

I need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help!

on a low budget, arent we all!. looking for a replacement engine for my shammy, I have the 351w in it, and it has alot of good parts, all I essentially need is a strong long block. I am in the fort Myers area, but can travel a distance if necessary. can anyone help me out, also looking for a trailer for my 22 predator. tandem axle, prefer aluminium. stronger the better.
    1992 22 predator, 351w

1982 20' Cuddy
    Boynton built

Comment

It shouldnt be too hard to find someone near you if you want to avoid freight charges. I believe there are several long block suppliers in Florida. Or even a good machine shop may be able to rebuild yours.
      '78 20ft Cuddy
      Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

I will suggest an old way just to have it said.

Marinize a truck block. Pick a nice one that isn't too worn out.

I found two standard bore 302 blocks from the same person by watching those local ad sites.

It has all been done before. There was a nice hard cover book printed about how to accomplish the feat, even. It isn't very difficult.

I know yards near Lakeland that would be likely to have a 351.

That is a sweat equity way to pay for a "new" motor.

Dan

Comment

• Ship
          Ship commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that works but with one caveat, the cam is different.
      Working...
      X