Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Tired of being passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREGK
    replied
    Originally posted by tuner View Post
    Old MSD and Mallory ignition components are very robust, modern MSD leaves much to be desired (China), so much so that I renamed them "My Spark Died". The red e-core coils are terrible and have left several of my customers stranded. Holley resurrected Mallory and I don't have any experience with the new stuff. I like the HEI modular design and single wire connection.
    Guess l been out of hot rodding to long. Good info Steve.

Leave a comment:

• tuner
    replied
    Old MSD and Mallory ignition components are very robust, modern MSD leaves much to be desired (China), so much so that I renamed them "My Spark Died". The red e-core coils are terrible and have left several of my customers stranded. Holley resurrected Mallory and I don't have any experience with the new stuff. I like the HEI modular design and single wire connection.

Leave a comment:

• GREGK
    replied
    I agree with Steve on the HEI. BUTif you want fancy. My Mallory unlite is still running. 26 years.from racing to daily in a friends car.
    D.U.I. HEI have a good rating too.

Leave a comment:

• tuner
    replied
    Do you have room for a HEI distributor? It would be my first choice on your engine. Keep an extra ignition module, etc. on the boat, just in case. The "ready to run" distributors are nice, but if it fails, the parts may be hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Originally posted by My My Hey Hey View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210612_190040.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	31972
    Steve, thats a Ford distributor. I'll probably end up spending the money and getting one of those. Mallory makes good stuff. Could have bought a complete stroker from Summit , ready to run, for less than I'm spending and with no grief.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
    Update, when Jegs says " ships tomorrow " thats just to get you to order. Got email this morning. Ships end of April. Welcome to the new normal.
    Actually at the end of April I got another email. Tentative ship date, May 26. I canceled Jegs and got one in 3 days from Summit with my Performer intake . Just got the cam spider last week.

Leave a comment:

• My My Hey Hey
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210612_190040.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	31972

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Finally have all the parts. Engine shop closed down. Retirement and sold the building. So now I have a boat with no engine and a shop full of parts. And don't forget the wife who wants to know where the 26 is.
    Question, what ignition , distributor et all do you stroker guys use. I have a new Mallory box that I might as well use.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Update, when Jegs says " ships tomorrow " thats just to get you to order. Got email this morning. Ships end of April. Welcome to the new normal.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Don't know which intake. Two brothers in the shop. I was told to order this stuff by the one that does the heads. He said his brother was researching intakes and FI systems and he would probably order them and let me know. I don't know how to build what I want so I let them tell me..

Leave a comment:

• tuner
    replied
    Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
    OK so I've got some heads coming in a week. This is what I ended up with.Comp Cams SK12-416-8, Edelbrock heads, pt # 60975 and a comp cams timing cover, # 208. Lordy, this stuff is expensive. Stimulous money.
    Actually got my letter today saying I was getting the check, it was in Spanish.
    Good stuff!

That combination will make 350-400hp at over 5000rpm. Which intake manifold?

Leave a comment:

• Mako2
    replied
    I guess uncle Joe and his cronies don’t like me, never saw a check. They always say send us more we can spend it more wisely. Time to retire cause Im getting tired of pulling the cart. Worst of all they really hate our grandkids saddling them with all that debt.

sorry I dragged a good post into the swamp I’ll stay off my soapbox.
    Last edited by Mako2; 03-23-2021, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Its the govt giving you your money back and telling you to be grateful. OBEY !

Leave a comment:

• Mako2
    replied
    What is a stimulus check?

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    OK so I've got some heads coming in a week. This is what I ended up with.Comp Cams SK12-416-8, Edelbrock heads, pt # 60975 and a comp cams timing cover, # 208. Lordy, this stuff is expensive. Stimulous money.
    Actually got my letter today saying I was getting the check, it was in Spanish.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X