Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Tired of being passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREGK
    commented on 's reply
    If your on Facebook market place has a few. Nice looking ones in Richland for $50.

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Originally posted by My My Hey Hey View Post
    Do you need the high ones for valve train clearance?
    Should not. I used these rockers with the shorter valve covers before. Had this engine, with all the stock parts, in the boat about 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• My My Hey Hey
    replied
    Do you need the high ones for valve train clearance?

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship View Post
    Why new valve covers? Are the existing ones too high?
    Exactly, too high. The finned aluminum Edelbrocks that I had with the engine disappeared at the engine shop. The tall blue ones in the picture hit the mani.

Leave a comment:

• Pedlyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
    One thing always leads to another. Put the new manifolds and risers on. Now I need new valve covers. Was thinking of putting the manis in the FW side but, no.
    I couldnt use different valve covers on my 350. The top would hit the exhaust manifolds.

Leave a comment:

• Ship
    replied
    Why new valve covers? Are the existing ones too high?

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    One thing always leads to another. Put the new manifolds and risers on. Now I need new valve covers. Was thinking of putting the manis in the FW side but, no.

Leave a comment:

• Damon
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, the 14.5 x 14.25 with .150 cup (others are running with the .105 cup).

• tuner
    commented on 's reply
    The prop is great, very smooth! My engine idles a bit over 600rpm and the speed is very close to 4 knots.

What size did you install, the 14.5 x 14.25 ?
    Last edited by tuner; 03-22-2022, 08:38 AM.

• Damon
    replied
    Originally posted by tuner View Post
    The prop is Acme 2275 15x15.75
    How do you like the 4-blade? I recently switched to an ACME 4-blade myself and absolutely love it! It's a different ride for sure (smoother, more responsive, and seems quieter (for some reason)). I'll never go back to a 3-blade.

Your prop is larger than mine, and my idle speed is around 3 - 3.5 knots @ 600 RPMs. You must be pushing 4 knots or so at the same RPMs!
    Last edited by Damon; 03-19-2022, 02:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Y'all convinced me. Ordered Sierra pt#s 18-1997-1 and 18-1907. Not changing the entire exhaust system now. How would I know if the 3" is hampering the performance? I'll use the SS manifolds on my next project which will be dry stacked.

Leave a comment:

• tuner
    replied
    Jerry, I think the 3" riser is too small. All of the Vortec 350 and 383 engines use 3.5" or 4" risers. The 3" riser is fine for older 200-250hp engines. I was able to run a single length of 4" from the riser to the flange at the hooters. My boat was originally 3.5 to the surge Y and 4" from the Y to the transom.

I ran the 20-0100

3" would be fine if the exhaust was dry, the water, vapor and steam restrict the flow.
    Last edited by tuner; 03-13-2022, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ship
    replied
    Jerry, am I missing something? The top listing is for 350 Chevy and it includes the long riser as an option. Also saw a spacer to raise the riser even further. Do I have the wrong block?

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship View Post
    Same site posted by Tuner:
    http://www.barrmarine.net/indmar.html
    Shows the long riser. I assume they mate up.
    They don't. Long riser was what we used on the fords.

Leave a comment:

• Ship
    replied
    Same site posted by Tuner:
    http://www.barrmarine.net/indmar.html
    Shows the long riser. I assume they mate up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X