Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Bennett Trim Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett Trim Tabs

Bennett trim tab motor toast. got wet. Got it working but its a mess and probably wont last. Motor itself is a DCM D-004-400. Cant find one anywhere. You can get the solenoids and other parts but I cant find the motor or the pump by themselves. Looks like I have to buy a new HPU. Anyone know about this?
    '78 20ft Cuddy
    Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Used to be able to tag TabMan but. Try Bennett's customer service. Losing Tabman was a big lose.
    Atlantic City, NJ
    1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Switch over to Lenco electric ones.
      I have them on the Mako 211...no messy fluid and pump...and quicker response time up and down.
      I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a set for the 26'er.

I believe they even have a "retrofit" kit that lets you use the old Bennett joystick controller so you don't need to rewire to the dash panel.

1986 26' HT w/5.7 PCM 330HP RWC

Comment

Radioman beat me to it. Lenco the way to go. Instant response.

Comment

If their still on the back of the boat maybe but when they are flapping in the breeze they don't do much My Fla neighbor had them on the back of his Pathfinder. Their hinge is actually welded on to the tab as opposed to the Bennett where the way they are crimped makes their own hinge. Neighbor's Lencos both broke off where that hinge was welded to the tab. If you wanted instant response we would not be driving 30+ year old inboards- we'd have new outboards with joystick control
          Last edited by gary s; 08-20-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Got a new HPU for less than $250. 15 mins install and working fine. Hydraulics is a wonderful thing in my line of work. Right up there with gravity.
            '78 20ft Cuddy
            Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

Working...
            X