Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Tach Jumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach Jumping

Past couple times out I noticed that the tach would jump when over 3100 rpm. Only seems to happen when engine is warmed up (running over 30 minutes). I am thinking it is some electrical interference as i do not notice any loss of power. I will double check the grounds but i think they are good. Any suggestions? Otherwise boat is running great.

What kind of engine? Diesel or gas? My Faria tach which has a sensor counting flywheel teeth (it's a diesel) has been erratic in the past and two things I've done seem to have solved the problem, 1) take out the flywheel sensor and clean it and it's contacts good and and making sure it is really close to the flywheel teeth when replacing it; and 2) rotating the little setpoint screw on the back of the gauge through the various settings and back to its setpoint seemed to clean up the contacts. If you've got a gasser, then someone else here hopefully can chime in to help solve your problem.

Comment

• tcf25
      tcf25 commented
      Editing a comment
      PCM 351w...faria guage

Then see #2 above. Happens alot in all different boats

Comment

Working...
    X