Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Distributor for PCM 4140?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor for PCM 4140?

Hi again, everyone. I need to know what brand of distributor was originally installed in my 1985 17' CC Shamrock. Mitsubishi 4140.

The shop manual says it is a Mitsubishi T3T04582. Is that correct, or did PCM change that out for something else more suitable for marine use, ie. a Mallory distributor?

Still trying to locate/source a replacement breaker points plate that was removed and discarded after an electronic conversion kit was installed by a previous owner.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Here are some pics of the distributor. Is it a Mallory? If so, what model/part number? I would really appreciate your help with this...thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by guitarcoach; 07-08-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Normally there is either a tag on it telling you the make and model or it's stamped into it's side. Might be hidden on the back side.

Comment

• Lyle
        Lyle commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a 4140 near complete. I just tried to get you some information. The motor is behind some heavy stuff and its going to be a bit before I have help to dig it out. It did have what I think was a paper ID on top of the distributor. It had turned yellow and fell apart when I tried to take it off. No info there. if my mind is correct it has points in it and the PO gave me a new electronic setup in a ziplock bag. I do not remember seeing that for a long time. I am sure I did not install it. I will try to get some pictures. I can just reach that area. bear with me, I am old. Lyle

Thanks very much, Lyle, but I was able to identify the distributor as a Mallory YL694AV, and a NIB replacement is now on the way from the good folks at Discount Inboard Marine in SC. I appreciate your kind offer to go digging on my behalf, and am thankful for all of the comments and advice provided by members of this great forum. I hope to pay that forward in future. 🚤

Comment

GC,
        Here is a list of parts that I have put together with help from many cult members here on this site. Hope it helps.
        Nay
        Small Facts about PCM 4140.docx
        If it doesn't say SHAMROCK, it doesn't say much

'85 Shamrock 17'
        '68 Bertram 20' Bahia Mar

Comment

Working...
        X