Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Riser gasket source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riser gasket source

Anyone have a source for the riser/manifold gasket. The struggle is real. I can find the one with 5 slots but not six. I guess it's easy enough to cut out the 6th but I just don't know if it's the same size overall.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Striper Sniper; 05-15-2019, 05:38 PM.

Someone may correct me if I am wrong but I believe the 5 gasket is the correct one, you block the slot closest to the exhaust exit.

Comment

• Striper Sniper
      Striper Sniper commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I'll have to look at the underside of the riser to confirm.

I believe the rational for blocking off the stern slot is to force the water to travel over the entire riser elbow...again i would wait for some other input other than mine but i have the 5 slot gasket on mine oriented they way i said. I may have to fix mine if i am wrong...haha

Comment

tcf25 is correct. You probably have M0002.

Osco Tech Tips(6) (1).pdf
      Attached Files
      Last edited by My My Hey Hey; 05-16-2019, 12:27 AM.
      1980 pilot house 351
      1988 260 predator 351

Comment

• Striper Sniper
        Striper Sniper commented
        Editing a comment
        EXCELLENT information thanks. Now I have the information and course to follow.

Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated!

Comment

Sometimes you will find a small hole in the closed off part of the gasket. Like 3/16, sometimes not.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        31 Grand Slam
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Oh yeah P.S.A..... Don't drop anything while working on these boats. The bildge is a bottomless pit. So far I lost a riser bolt, 5/16 socket, small flathead screwdriver and a 5/16 nutdriver... the search continues. :-)

Comment

Did I ever say, thats why I like the older, Boynton built. Front of console just opens up and you can get to everything. Not boats fault Pat, you're too big.
            1988 26' cuddy
            1975 20' open
            31 Grand Slam
            16' Sandpiper
            14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Leave them there. You might need them in a pinch.
              1980 pilot house 351
              1988 260 predator 351

Comment

Working...
              X