Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

1" Tee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1" Tee

Anyone have a source for a 1" bronze Tee with barbed fittings?
    Developed a leak Saturday on my maiden voyage on this one, thankfulth I had TowBoatUS. Also and sources for a raw water pump.

Pat
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Striper Sniper; 05-13-2019, 03:17 PM.

https://www.completeplumbingsource.c...ast-bronze-tee
    i ordered all new stuff through them when i replaced my plastic fittings.

Amazon had them as well...google "1 inch bronze tee"

Comment

Thanks for the leed.

Comment

Careful buying plumbing fittings for your boat. I always get my fittings from a marine supply and always try and find Buck Algonquin parts. There are different types of bronze and brass. I think.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        31 Grand Slam
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• tcf25
          tcf25 commented
          Editing a comment
          We will see how thet hold up...it has to be better than the plastic ones that were all deformed on mine.

• Striper Sniper
          Striper Sniper commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine platic one was all deformed too.

I found a stainless steel one that I'm picking up tomorrow .. only15 bucks.

Comment

Okay let me ask you this... you see the size of the hole in the fitting, it was peeing out water pretty good, would that and that alone cause over heating. It seems to me that the cooling water would of already passed through the risers by then. I have a fresh water cooling system.

Comment

Yes. ..... Maybe. Some back pressure allows for more heat transfer. But in your case I'm not sure. You have a half system if I'm not mistaken. That tee is between the risers after most of the system. It shouldn't have that much effect. Sorry for half an answer to your question.
            Atlantic City, NJ
            1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Isn't she pretty. Only 16 bucks too.
              Attached Files

Comment

Where? I would like a replacement because I'm not fond of plastic
                Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

Duh! Read the invoice dummy. I have a Weinstien nearby so cool.
                  Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

Man what a pain in the ass this stinking little job is. Now I need to replace the riser seals and replace the 1' hoses. :-( ugh. There's just no Room to work.

Comment

After searching for bronze for a while, I settled on stainless for my 1" tee. After a year of pumping hot salt water, it looked new.

Comment

Working...
                      X