Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Rudder port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudder port?

Pretty new to the whole inboard keel drive aspect, so with the threads I’ve read I’m pretty sure what I have is a broken rudder port.
    Is this something that could be welded or would I be better off replacing it with a new one?
    Is it difficult to change out?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7AF1E7D0-6C86-4E96-9B23-EC740DC149D0.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	18208

It’s broken,it’s going to need replacement you should be able to source if off the internet,Not sure if the mounting area is cored with anything.
    Serenity
    07 246 WA
    5.7 MPI Crusader

Comment

Pretty easy to replace. Knock out the bolts. They may need to be replaced anyway. I like silicone bronze but S.S. is fine as long as it is bonded. I have taken SS bolts out of my 20 and they were 1/2 way gone but the bonding wire was broken. The pad is wood so you will check that and repair if needed. Bed the new port and bolt up. Before buying new I would see if I could find a used one somewhere. What size is it?
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
      X