Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Novel idea.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Novel idea.

    How about a website/forums that saves you money and doesn't make money from you. Nothing wrong with making money and nothing wrong with saving some.
    I get a discount on just about everything because of the business, Certified Fiberglass. Since I have retired, how about I pass that discount along to all the good guys. Not some one who just drops in here looking for a cheap part, you have to be a Good Guy. If you need something, let me see if I can get it at a better price for you. A good guys buying club. No markup, I'm retired. That is the idea behind this websites forums. A club where everyone helps everyone else. The Shamrock brotherhood.
    Jerry
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    31 Grand Slam
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

  • #2
    Gee thanks Jerry...... that's a great thing for you to do for us.
    Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
    1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
    2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
    Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
    17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

    Comment


    • #3
      Jerry, you're amazing. That's all I can say.
      Chip
      Camden, Delaware

      1989 Shamrock 20 Cuddy Cabin (Rock Bottom)
      PCM 302, RWC

      Comment


      • #4
        Good for you Jerry on retiring

        Comment


        • #5
          Cool. Same goes for me. If I can help out, in any way, relating to my trade, whether it be discounts on material, tools, or knowledge, it would be my pleasure.
          Good idea, Jerry.
          Mike
          1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

          Comment


          • #6
            What a guy!!! Thanks Jerry.
            Joe Palmieri
            Cream Ridge, NJ
            1982 Shamrock 20' pilot house
            5.7 Mercruiser with 1:1 Velvet Drive
            13-10 prop

            Comment


            • #7
              Jerry thanks for the invite and also thanks for your generous offer of discounts You really are one of the good guys
              Randy

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you for providing the 'club house' for such a great group to hang out! can't say enough about your generosity in taking the project On! I can't provide the mechanic support you guys do but if anyone ever needs something from the central Pennsylvania area or Erie just drop me a line.... it is nothing for me to drive a couple hours for a pickup or delivery or to get pictures for someone. I work odd hours so am available during the day at least a couple times a week.
                Karen
                Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Fisherlady2 View Post
                  Thank you for providing the 'club house' for such a great group to hang out! can't say enough about your generosity in taking the project On! I can't provide the mechanic support you guys do but if anyone ever needs something from the central Pennsylvania area or Erie just drop me a line.... it is nothing for me to drive a couple hours for a pickup or delivery or to get pictures for someone. I work odd hours so am available during the day at least a couple times a week.
                  That is very generous of you. I officially put you into the Good Guy classification.
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  31 Grand Slam
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post

                    That is very generous of you. I officially put you into the Good Guy classification.
                    Thank you, I hope I can get the opportunity of live up to that classification!
                    Karen
                    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey Jerry - Thanx for bugging me into sitting down and getting back involved. Great blog you have going here.......wish I had something to offer........If anyone wants to know the WRONG way to do something then you can check with me first...............I am known for doing stuff the hard wayl
                      Anyone coming this way (I am now located in Hudson, Fl - west coast, one hour above Tampa) please stop in - you are very welcome.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ken, glad to see you back. Your posts are always helpful. And yes I'll agree, you do things the hard way every once in awhile, BUT the outcome is always awesome. You are a craftsman and your boats are an inspiration for us all.
                        1988 26' cuddy
                        1975 20' open
                        31 Grand Slam
                        16' Sandpiper
                        14' Certified Fiberglass

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ken, what Jerry said. I remember your questions then your results. Very nice work!
                          Atlantic City, NJ
                          1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nautipelican View Post
                            Hey Jerry - Thanx for bugging me into sitting down and getting back involved. Great blog you have going here.......wish I had something to offer........If anyone wants to know the WRONG way to do something then you can check with me first...............I am known for doing stuff the hard wayl
                            Anyone coming this way (I am now located in Hudson, Fl - west coast, one hour above Tampa) please stop in - you are very welcome.
                            Howdy brotha! Long time no hear!
                            1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The new world of the internet sure has changed things. Yesterday I needed a part, fast. I drove to Harkers Island and bought it from E Basic Power Marine, I actually hate those people, The price was the same as from my distributor. Called a friend and his distributor was more. Bottom line is that anyone can get distributor prices now.
                              1988 26' cuddy
                              1975 20' open
                              31 Grand Slam
                              16' Sandpiper
                              14' Certified Fiberglass

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X