Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Lindas Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
    Had her out in 6 to 8 footers the other day. While it was too rough to fish, my buddy and I were comfortable and the boat loved the rough water. Coasties loved it too. They are the ones that told me the sea was 6 - 8. 34 MPH at a zillion GPH.
    Glad she is working out so well for you now that you have her up and running. Having the boats abilities will open up extra days and fishing chances you would miss with the smaller boats.
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• Nothing makes the ride more enjoyable then confidence you'll get home safe and no beat to a pulp.
      Atlantic City, NJ
      1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

• I'm a tired old man and I have been on a lot of boats. Ran the 6 - 8s and never had a thought of backing off. No pounding at all. I can honestly say that this is the most solid boat of this size that I have ever been on. Most importantly, it looks cool.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• cw.abeljr
          cw.abeljr commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to hear that Jerry....You and Linda enjoy the boat.

• You’re living the life Jerry. Sounds like Linda’s Rock is working out well for you.
        Chip
        Camden, Delaware

1989 Shamrock 20 Cuddy Cabin (Rock Bottom)
        PCM 302, RWC

Comment

• Jerry. Enjoy the boat. It’s a great feeling when a boat rides and handles well.
          Mark
          1990 26’ open 351W Indmar
          1987 30’ Blackwatch twin 351W Crusaders (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
            I'm a tired old man and I have been on a lot of boats. Ran the 6 - 8s and never had a thought of backing off. No pounding at all. I can honestly say that this is the most solid boat of this size that I have ever been on. Most importantly, it looks cool.
            I know next to nothing about naval architecture, but I always thought that was a special design. The drawings that Nay so graciously donated to us boat junkies did nothing to make that thought go away. I remember how excited George got, when talking about it in Punta Gorda. That puts it in perspective, for me, anyway.
            Jerry, you done good.
            1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

• jerry have you installed the a/c yet? it is also a reverse cycle heater & can be used for winter protection providing the marina electricity is reliable, note it will shut down with low voltage & show a warning on the keypad, I cannot locate the manual but you should be able to locate one from cruise air or ocean yachts where the unit came from they might have a copy..

Comment

• No A/C yet Jim. Need to find a generator. Kind of like the open space in the engine compartment. Don't know if I'll install anything else.
                1988 26' cuddy
                1975 20' open
                16' Sandpiper
                14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
                X