Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Fish box modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish box modification

Click image for larger version

Name:	big mufflers.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	31574 Click image for larger version  Name:	fish box 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	31572 Click image for larger version  Name:	fish box 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.97 MB ID:	31573 Click image for larger version  Name:	fish box 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	31571 Making my 26 quieter is a necessity so I found these mufflers in my stash. Big, so the fish box had to be modified. First thought was to cut the sides and move them in. After looking at that, I decided to just make the fish box smaller and make a drop in tub for the cut out section. Will finish on Monday. Not a bad mod for 3 hours work and about a pint of resin.
    Attached Files
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Yea 3hrs work for someone who gets cut and bleeds resin Hope it's worth the work,I did not notice much noise reduction when I did mine. I'm going to try something different when I change engines.

Comment

These Centak are a WHOLE lot bigger than what I had in there and the baffles are much different.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

You just had to find an excuse to cut something didn't you? Looking forward to the results.
        1980 pilot house 351
        1988 260 predator 408

Comment

Working...
        X