Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Tip of The Day

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My water heater shut down, found out in the shower - ugh! It's one of the new ones with electronic controls and the led was flashing 7 times. Googled that and found a utube by somebody speaking like they were from India which said something called a Flammable Vapor Sensor was the culprit and had instructions on how to reset it, great! And like the India guy said, the water was "cooking" after resetting it But it happened again so looked into swapping out the FVS and lo and behold found a post by someone who said the FVS could be fooled by paint fumes, and what was I doing lately? Painting some deck boards in my garage! No problems since I finished my paint job. Ain't the internet great?

Comment

• Today people can't solve a simple problem. Just ask google. And ya gotta luv the technologically advanced water heater.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• So I'm working on a McMansion installing copper soffit and fascia (About 700 ln. ft. worth). These strange pipes and vents are everywhere. Turns out, they are some weird excuse for a fart fan in the bathrooms. Instead of just installing a fan, they installed multiple units that remove the air from the bath area, scrub it, eject it from the home, and bring in new air to replace it. Insane!! How much negative air pressure can you have from a bath fan?
        Technology is getting crazy. Thank God for Shamrocks and Harleys. K.I.S.S.
        1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

• When you don't know what you are doing or where you are going, going faster won't help.
          1988 26' cuddy
          1975 20' open
          16' Sandpiper
          14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Originally posted by Eyekymo View Post
            So I'm working on a McMansion installing copper soffit and fascia (About 700 ln. ft. worth). These strange pipes and vents are everywhere. Turns out, they are some weird excuse for a fart fan in the bathrooms. Instead of just installing a fan, they installed multiple units that remove the air from the bath area, scrub it, eject it from the home, and bring in new air to replace it. Insane!! How much negative air pressure can you have from a bath fan?
            Technology is getting crazy. Thank God for Shamrocks and Harleys. K.I.S.S.
            Probly heat exchangers on the fans. and if the fans are big enough, more air than some heaters and airconditioners.
            Atlantic City, NJ
            1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

• Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
              When you don't know what you are doing or where you are going, going faster won't help.
              I want to hear that story....
              C Rhodes
              26' Mackinaw - 1990
              351 Indmar (1990-2006: Great Engine)
              351 PCM (2006 - Current)
              Southport, NC

Comment

• If you just finished a 25 hr shift don't come on the boards and start reading about shiny engines if you want to get any sleep!
                Karen
                Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• Word to the wise. If you wear contact lenses and you take them out every night like I do, make sure you don't have any toothpaste on your finger tip when taking said lense out! You think habenero juice is bad on the eyeball? Try paste for the pearly whites!!!!

Comment

• Ouch!!! Minty fresh...not!
                    Karen

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	plowing lower field.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	31827 If your moldboard plows keep tripping in the concrete-like clay soil, don't weld the beams shut unless your stomach is impervious to steering wheel impact.
                      Last edited by Deputyrpa; 05-30-2021, 05:29 AM.
                      1987 26' Hardtop
                      1996 20' Walkaround Cuddy

Comment

• When going onto a metal roof to clean a chimney wait till sun is up high enough to clear frost off all of the roof....
                        Karen

Comment

• GREGK
                          GREGK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well hell that makes sense.

• crhodes
                          crhodes commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I feel for you for two reasons: 1) Frost on the roof making it dangerous. 2) Frost this time of year!

• Fisherlady2
                          Fisherlady2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep, one side of roof was good, other side only had a few small spots left, only one was needed ....
                      Working...
                      X