Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Groundhog Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundhog Day

It's been in the single digits all week and in the negatives at night. Sure hope Phil doesn't see he's shadow today and Spring is right around the corner.... who's with me? Currently 1° burrrrrrrr.

I agree! Hoping we have an early spring (for a change) around here also, last year we had miserable weather through May, cold and wet made for a nasty, and practically non-existent spring to boot.
    Phil is only 13 miles from our house.... it is a zoo in Punxsy for a day or two before Groundhogs Day and I avoid town and the whole hoopla as much as possible. One year the 'partying crowd' blocked an access road from Gobblers Knob and an ambulance trying to respond to a critical emergency could not get revelers to move out of the way, people literally stood in front of the unit with lights on and sirens blaring and wouldn't step aside! Drunk mob mentality at its worst....The next year they changed rules and didn't allow any alcohol on the Knob, ticked off the partying crowd, but made the whole event much better for most folks.
    This morning was my first day in a week I could 'sleep in' after a miserable work week and I woke up to rumbling thunder type noise at 0630.... they were setting off fireworks for the festivities! LOL... I can't win when it comes to that stupid groundhog!
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

But on the bright side Phil did say it would be an early Spring. Hope he's right!!!

Comment

Hope he is right, and hope this year is better than last. Seemed like it rained all year. 4 X the normal rainfall. So far this winter is a whole lot better than last.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        31 Grand Slam
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Spoiled me today...
          had the shop doors open and no heater burning up my wallet!
          63 today
          Richard
          78 20' cuddy
          2004 pcm 351 HO FWC
          BW 1:1

Comment

I remember sometime ago........it was a while ago actually. I had enough of the winter up in PA so I put a hit out for that Phil guy I also put a hit out for that stupid little fat F*"'+er that flies around with a bow and arrow trying make people love each other! Well, it didn't turn out the way I wanted! Oh, well!!

Comment

• Striper Sniper
              Striper Sniper commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad that little leprechaun didn't piss you off too. :-)

Lol!
            too funny!!
            Richard
            78 20' cuddy
            2004 pcm 351 HO FWC
            BW 1:1

Comment

Originally posted by reefbreak View Post
              I remember sometime ago........it was a while ago actually. I had enough of the winter up in PA so I put a hit out for that Phil guy I also put a hit out for that stupid little fat F*"'+er that flies around with a bow and arrow trying make people love each other! Well, it didn't turn out the way I wanted! Oh, well!!
              Yep, I threatened to take one of Mom's coons hounds to meet him for years... Sheba was usually good for 50 dead groundhogs a year, that dog hated whistle pigs! LOL
              And gotta agree on the little winged thing.... not my favorite time of the year.
              Can't we just go straight from Thanksgiving to St Patrick's and call it done??
              Karen
              Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
              1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
              1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
              3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Working...
              X