Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Scuppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Haven't gotten a price list yet. I'll let everyone know as soon as I can.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    jerry, i am interested in e z scuppers you said to hold off, do you have any further info? did you order the s/s or plastic? any input on marine grass or banacles growing on flappper thus leakage..
    also are you going to remove brass tubes & glass the internal area, seems to me the hole size could be increased to allow for better drainage if the ez scuppers are available in larger sizes?
    In my experience scupper size is never big enough to allow for major flooding with the exception of a stern door. anyone that has ever had a cockpit flood understands how important it is to get the water out as quickly as possible.Its amazing how things find a way to clog small scuppers, rags, chum etc. I'll stop there getting to winded.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty Rod
    replied
    good deal! They really work nice on mine! I'm sure you'll like them.

Be sure, you get a good smooth surface for them to adhere. I had to remove some bottom paint.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Got mine. Have the 14 and 16 out for some maintenance. I will install on them and report back. My 20 has the platform brackets in the way. May have to get the sawzall out.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    I have them ordered. They told me that they are in the process of making rectangular scuppers.

Leave a comment:

• tuner
    replied
    I'm glad to hear that. It sounds like a simple and inexpensive solution.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty Rod
    replied
    We ran out yesterday evening for a few hours. Three guys, no water in the bait tank, full saddle tanks, empty belly tank, lot's of gear and ice.

The scuppers worked extremely well. It was the first time, I have ever had the boat in the ocean without the plugs. I never had to put them in! Had a small amount of water in the wells, but never had anything splashing up and out all over the deck. Really impressed with how these things work!

Might be a different story, after I put 60 gallons of water in the bait tank. But, for now..... they really work nice!

Leave a comment:

• Rusty Rod
    replied
    They are well built, nice scuppers. But, I've only used them in a slip. I have no idea how they work while fishing. At the dock, no water at all comes lapping in. But, in open water..... I have no idea!. So, you might want to wait until I get a chance to use them a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Quik Fix
    replied
    Hold on before ordering. I may have a deal for the good guys. The people at Seaworthy seem to be really good guys and make a quality product.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty Rod
    replied
    I'll be fishing within the next week or two, so I'll see how they work. So far in the slip, they're awesome. I'm sure it will lessen the water flow, but stop it..... not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Reelhappy
    replied
    I have the ping pong ball type on my little Scout and they are more of a problem then a help I have replaced them twice already and my feet are still wet so hopefully you have found a solution

Leave a comment:

• Rusty Rod
    replied
    I read about them on The Hull Truth - EZ Scuppers. I ordered them direct. Seaworthy Innovations. If you search the hull truth, you'll find some posts about them. All good, nothing negative.

The stainless is really heavy, not cheap. The rubber insert is replaceable and is really thin. Maybe that's what makes them work.

I haven't fished with them yet, so time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• tuner
    replied
    Did you buy them from Amazon?

Leave a comment:

• Rusty Rod
    replied
    So far, I'm very impressed. Time will tell!

Leave a comment:

• tuner
    replied
    That looks promising. I just modified 2 flask stoppers to prevent inflow. Water pours in when I load the boat on the trailer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X