Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

2018-2019 event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information. I better start drinking more beer to get my elbow strengthened up.
    I have the paint to get it tested.
    1980 pilot house 351
    1988 260 predator 408

Comment

• Fisherlady2
      Fisherlady2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fingers crossed that it isn't lead.... that would suck.

All the houses on Sandy Hook were lead based. At that time, all you had to do was bag the chips. They went to the regular land fill. Can't say today. Would only remove what as not solid on the wood and prime the bare wood and finish coat over the rest. Back when nobody cared about lead, I removed the paint on 4 different houses with a torch. The first was with the old white gas type. I was always scared of it because they blew up regularly. the last 3 were with propane. The Ones on Sandy Hook were done by a subcontractor who started out using paint remover to comply with the Histerical and Gov regs. They took 3 months using the remover before switching to a torch. 2 weeks later they finished the 2 remaining houses. They started with 5. I looked the other way because I didn't want to have to lie on how they got done so fast.
    Atlantic City, NJ
    1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Weather it is lead or not, I would post that it is not.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Fisherlady2
        Fisherlady2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, gotta agree there... some things are better left unsaid.

Me too! You don't want the hassle if they want it removed and now they just might!
      Atlantic City, NJ
      1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

I'm not sure that Cypress will hold paint for any length of time. It is a very waxy wood, and I don't think that it will rot. Maybe a linseed oil-based paint.
        1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

Working...
        X