Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

1986 26' Stalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 26' Stalker

Hello everyone. Been a while for me Need some advice on purchasing a 1986 Stalker w/351 f.w.c.. GT heads.800hrs.Newer fuel tanks. Boats located in N.J. Supposedly not a Hurricane Sandy boat. Same owner over 20yrs. It's on N.J. Craiglist. Any insight greatly appreciated.

With an 86 you know the hull is good. Just check all the usual suspects. Stalkers of that vintage are a real find. Especially 26'ers.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Just checked it out. He is down to $6000. Hard to beat that even if you need to repower. That is if it is as clean as he says and it looks.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Thanks Jerry, can always count on you for a positive word.Also the exhaust pipes were changed to stainless. I will post some pics soon.thanks...

Comment

Sounds like a deal to me.
          1980 pilot house 351
          1988 260 predator 408

Comment

Ya, the $6k. was a bit of a come on. He reneged on it. I explained false advertising to him. He said he had a buyer at $6700. So I made a counter offer and I can get it this Sat. We'll see if I pull the trigger Sat. I'll let you know

Comment

I can get really negative on some "deals". I have gotten boats for nothing that were not worth the trouble. 8-9 years ago I could buy a Shamrock junker, put $5000 into it and make a few grand. Now you can buy a good looking and running Stalker for $6,000.
              If the owner put SS exhaust pipes in this boat, that would be a good signal to me about how he maintained the boat. And what kind of boat person he is. On the other hand, if the $6,000 was not legit, I would have to meet him and decide in person, what kind of person I think he is. You can tell a lot about a boat by talking to the person that owns it, in person. Ya know, just look at his eyes when he is telling the story. Just my thoughts.
              1988 26' cuddy
              1975 20' open
              16' Sandpiper
              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Nice looking boat, and 6k is great price if ad I saw was right one...a wiring overhaul may be in its future and check the fuel tanks and vent system along with the bilge pumps and blower.

oh, just saw he reneged on the price...hopefully he isn't playing games.
                Last edited by Fisherlady2; 06-08-2017, 07:24 PM.
                Karen
                Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Still a good deal.
                  1980 pilot house 351
                  1988 260 predator 408

Comment

Thanks Hey Hey. Hope it's a deal. Long drive for me if it's not. 10hrs.

Comment

Thanks for the info Fisherlady2. You know the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true........

Comment

Originally posted by jns1 View Post
                        Thanks Hey Hey. Hope it's a deal. Long drive for me if it's not. 10hrs.
                        Jerry will get it for you. He loves New Jersey.

Where are you from?
                        1980 pilot house 351
                        1988 260 predator 408

Comment

Originally posted by My My Hey Hey View Post

Jerry will get it for you. He loves New Jersey.

Where are you from?
                          It is in Newark and I have to meet the man at 3AM in an industrial area under the interstate. He told me to bring cash.
                          1988 26' cuddy
                          1975 20' open
                          16' Sandpiper
                          14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

It's o.k. Jerry, I'm bringing a couple of friends with me. Smith&Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by jns1 View Post
                              It's o.k. Jerry, I'm bringing a couple of friends with me. Smith&Wesson.
                              DON'T bring them to NJ. You will end up in prison.
                              1988 26' cuddy
                              1975 20' open
                              16' Sandpiper
                              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
                              X