Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

The Dock Side Lounge

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that it will bring the last 12 years back, but I hope that finding out leads to resolution of the issue. Feel better.
    1990 26’ open 351W

Comment

• I have to be careful about how grumpy I get because I am seeing the best of the best and if they get an attitude no one will treat me because of how complicated the repair is. Jefferson Hospital is amount the best spine centers for reconstruction which is what this is.
      Atlantic City, NJ
      1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

• SPELL-CHECK.....

Lately i"m not catching where spell-check automatically substitutes the wrong word. ("Spinning" inserted for "spike", etc.) My apologies. I may not be the brightest apple in the barrel, but think I'm more knowledgeable than some of my recent posts reflect. That said, I'm much better off using spell-check. At least when the wrong word is used you're not laughing at my spelling!
        C Rhodes
        26' Mackinaw - 1990
        351 Indmar (1990-2006: Great Engine)
        351 PCM (2006 - Current)
        Southport, NC

Comment

• Cicel you're way ahead of me. I look at the substitute word which is clearly wrong and think yeah that looks like it. Then go on my merry way. LOL
          Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

• Thought you all would get a laugh from this one:
            https://mentertained.com/homemade-bo...Mob%200930%20W
            Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

• That mess in the front is a front-wheel drive turned into a paddle wheel with the corrugated material being a splash deflector. Kinda cool. I like it!
              C Rhodes
              26' Mackinaw - 1990
              351 Indmar (1990-2006: Great Engine)
              351 PCM (2006 - Current)
              Southport, NC

Comment

• There are more if you hit the next button. I had a good laugh.
                Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

• A lot of fun had to have been had in those creations! Definitely a good chuckle scrolling through.
                  Karen
                  Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                  1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                  1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                  3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• I saw a restored “amphicar” recently at a car show. It has dual props, but no rudder. I had to know how it steered, so I asked the owner who explained that the front wheels act as rudders. He said: “it steers, but turns happen very slowly”.

Comment

• When I was a kid, someone had one here in the AC area. Saw it in the bay a couple times. Later on it became a rust bucket. To the owners credit, it was still on the road. THERE WAS A LOT OF RUST!!!!!
                    Atlantic City, NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship View Post
                      When I was a kid, someone had one here in the AC area. Saw it in the bay a couple times. Later on it became a rust bucket. To the owners credit, it was still on the road. THERE WAS A LOT OF RUST!!!!!
                      Salt Water + Cars = Bad Combination

Comment

• 1988 26' cuddy
                        1975 20' open
                        31 Grand Slam
                        16' Sandpiper
                        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Screwed up world. In San Francisco I have to clean up after my dog but I can shit in the street
                          1988 26' cuddy
                          1975 20' open
                          31 Grand Slam
                          16' Sandpiper
                          14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• You couldn't pay me to live in most of California.... and folks aren't even allowed to defend their yards and sidewalks from squatters.... unreal.
                            Karen
                            Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                            1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                            1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                            3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• My My Hey Hey
                              My My Hey Hey commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Jerry's post gives new meaning to the term squatters.

• Jerry so sad but unfortunately very true. What a beautiful part of the country being ruined by squatters vehemently protected by elected officials and a lot of fanatics.

My heart goes out to the hard working people who make it their home but are being forced out of California to lower tax states.
                            1990 26’ open 351W

Comment

Working...
                            X