Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

The Dock Side Lounge

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slay 'em n fillet 'em! Boat looks great.

Steel leader?
    1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

• Tight lines. Boot looks great.
      1990 26’ open 351W

Comment

• That is one pretty pilot house.
        Chip
        Camden, Delaware

1989 Shamrock 20 Cuddy Cabin (Rock Bottom)
        PCM 302, RWC

Comment

• cw.abeljr
          cw.abeljr commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is... I fell in love with his boat when I fished on it at Wachepreague a few years ago. The next year we both had our boats there and took them in the ocean. It wasn't one of the calmest days but his 20 held right with my 26.

• Hope you did well and the boat performed flawlessly.
        Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
        1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
        2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
        Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
        17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

• So how did it go??
          Karen
          Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
          1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
          1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
          3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• Out in the Madness today at the Bay Bridge. We weren't catching any fish but watched as boats next to us were pulling them in. After a charter boat next to us left that was reeling them in one after another we decided to move into their spot. As we were pulling the anchor suddenly we couldn't get it up. It was snagged on something. In the meantime 3 other boats were scrambling for the spot and now we were in a pickle. Boats all around us, our anchor snagged and unable to navigate around the boats. My only option was try to free the anchor. Daniel pulled and pulled and even with my help we could only raise the line up to where the anchor chain was just breaking the surface. Knowing we had about 10 ft of chain to the anchor I slowly started moving forward. We cleared the madness of boats and I started heading for Terrapin Beach at a very slow rate of speed (3 knots) until we reached a depth of 3 feet (about 1 mile of dragging the snag). Daniel then started pulling up the excess chain and as the anchor reached the surface he saw that a huge piece of 1 inch cable was hanging from the anchor. He asked for the boat hook and was able to lift the cable off the anchor which then dropped to the bottom. We would have liked to have gotten the cable out of the water but it was just too heavy. All of this took well over and hour and by the time we were finished we had on "Fun Meter" pegged and headed in with zero fish. What a fishing trip is all I'll say.
            Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
            1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
            2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
            Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
            17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

• Sorry to hear the snag messed up the end of the day, hate seeing that but glad it wasn't a worse scenario for you.
              Karen

Comment

• Clyde, did the residents of the island loose their power? Maybe just phone service.
                1988 26' cuddy
                1975 20' open
                31 Grand Slam
                16' Sandpiper
                14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• cw.abeljr
                  cw.abeljr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jerry, If you are referring to me not calling I have never been much of a phone person. I last few years that I worked I had to stop being a mechanic and move into a office basically full time as my job changed to doing reports and work assignments. I had to answer so many phone calls that I can't stand talking on a telephone. I use them but stay on them long enough to say what I need to and get off of it. My phone is used for media sites way more than phone calls.

I went back and reread your post and realized I was probably wrong in think what you wrote and that you were making a joke about my boating incident with the anchor.

I apologize if that was your intent as I immediately thought you were referring to me never calling.
                  Last edited by cw.abeljr; 07-16-2019, 05:07 AM.

• Relax Clyde, we have those same senior moments and nobody cares. You have long history of good guy isms
                Atlantic City, NJ
                1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

• cw.abeljr
                  cw.abeljr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not upset at all Skip. I thought maybe Jerry was upset at me because I never call and just chat. I was just trying to explain to him why I don't use the telephone if he was miffed at me.

• It was obvious you have a long history of being a good guy you don't need to explain
                Atlantic City, NJ
                1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

• I think he was wondering if you drug up their phone line/cable, lol... but other phone calls are always nice
                  Karen

Comment

• I was going to ask if the bridge was following you.
                    1980 pilot house 351
                    1988 260 predator 351

Comment

• cw.abeljr
                      cw.abeljr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No but that cable was heavy.... 1 inch stainless cable must have cost someone a bundle of money. Don't know how long it was because we never saw either end. Probably used to moor barges when working on the bridge.

• I'd be draggin that to the ramp and tie a rope to the cable and my truck.
                    1988 26' cuddy
                    1975 20' open
                    31 Grand Slam
                    16' Sandpiper
                    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• My My Hey Hey
                      My My Hey Hey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can see you doing that.

• cw.abeljr
                      cw.abeljr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would have had to drag that thing several miles to the ramp and I had no idea what I was dragging when I drug it about a mile to shallow water to get whatever was on there of the anchor.

• Steve, you know me all too well.
                    1988 26' cuddy
                    1975 20' open
                    31 Grand Slam
                    16' Sandpiper
                    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• I am now picturing a giant drain plug being pulled and draining the bay..... wow, I either watched too many Looney Tunes growing up or had way too much sun on the boat this week! !
                      Karen

Comment

• Ship
                        Ship commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sun ("sin" is what the puter wanted to post) will do that to you. The best are purple frogs.

• Fisherlady2
                        Fisherlady2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I never got to purple frog stage yet, if I do I will give you a call! LOL,
                    Working...
                    X