Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look good Clyde, look forward to seeing a picture with them little up after you splash her. Looks like you will be in good shape for the opener.
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherlady2 View Post
      They look good Clyde, look forward to seeing a picture with them little up after you splash her. Looks like you will be in good shape for the opener.
      Splashed her today Karen.......Everything worked perfect and she is now resting in the slip. Ran her at WOT for about 30 seconds which I don't normally do.... GPS read 26.7 knots which is the fastest I have ever seen on the GPS readout.......... 2800 RPM which is a good cruise for her was 21.7 knots
      Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
      1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
      2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
      Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
      17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

• Originally posted by cw.abeljr View Post

Splashed her today Karen.......Everything worked perfect and she is now resting in the slip. Ran her at WOT for about 30 seconds which I don't normally do.... GPS read 26.7 knots which is the fastest I have ever seen on the GPS readout.......... 2800 RPM which is a good cruise for her was 21.7 knots
        Awesome! That had to make you feel good....

and spell check changed my post from 'lit up' to 'little up', go figure. I should know to always proof read it for Myself! I tend to get paranoid when everything works right the first time! LOL
        Karen

Comment

• They always run the fastest when first launched.
          1988 26' cuddy
          1975 20' open
          16' Sandpiper
          14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Glad there on the tabs Clyde. And not thru the hull. Like Norm on This Old House used to say about skylights......"Never put a hole in the roof".
            '78 20ft Cuddy
            Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedlyr View Post
              Glad there on the tabs Clyde. And not thru the hull. Like Norm on This Old House used to say about skylights......"Never put a hole in the roof".
              Yea I didn't want to drill holes in the transom. It was bad enough putting holes up just under the swim platform to run the wires thru. At least they are small enough to patch easily if I decide to do away with the lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
                They always run the fastest when first launched.
                I know that is true because the bottom and running gear are never as clean as when first launched but this boat has never run as fast as it did yesterday (about 1.5 knots faster)......I did do a turbo wash and I put a bunch of injector cleaner in the tanks so those could be the reason. I noticed at the marina while I was running her on fresh water to flush the engine, that she was burning a little cleaner so it's very likely that she's operating more efficient.

Comment

• They weigh less also. As a fiberglass boat sits in the water, it soaks it up. Now everyone can tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

They weigh less also. As a fiberglass boat sits in the water, it soaks it up. Now everyone can tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
                    With all the fiberglass experience you have I wouldn't attempt to dispute that statement..... I will say that never occured to me though. Like they say, you learn something every day.

Comment

They weigh less also. As a fiberglass boat sits in the water, it soaks it up. Now everyone can tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
                      I've seen them drip for days, when there was no visible moisture in the bilge. I always thought that it was magic.
                      now I'm bummed out.
                      1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

• Originally posted by Eyekymo View Post
                        Looking good Clyde. They are on my list, as well.
                        don't forget the tarp too !!!!!
                        Just wishin', and hopen', and dreamin'

Comment

• I appreciate you all. This site has become required daily reading. Took the weekend off to get things done and worried I missed a bunch of stuff. But being true boat people, I didn't miss much. Looks like we were all working on our rigs.
                          Chip
                          Camden, Delaware

1989 Shamrock 20 Cuddy Cabin (Rock Bottom)
                          PCM 302, RWC

Comment

• Originally posted by GREGK View Post

don't forget the tarp too !!!!!
                            Wrong boat, but point taken.
                            1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Bottom View Post
                              I appreciate you all. This site has become required daily reading. Took the weekend off to get things done and worried I missed a bunch of stuff. But being true boat people, I didn't miss much. Looks like we were all working on our rigs.
                              Definitely required Reading! I am out in the boat working right now (I worked a 24 yesterday so missed the the normal weekend stuff) and stopped in to check posts during a coffee break.

I did take a major step Saturday and ordered the new kicker, should be here in 2 or 3 weeks. Decided on a 15hp Mercury Pro Kicker. Easy to get it serviced in our area and has the 4 blade high thrust prop with heavier gears. We have the 9.9 version on the Mako and have liked it's performance and I like the centering straps on them. Makes it nice to have them held tight when tilted out of the water.
                              Karen

Comment

• I have found that most of the posting is done during working hours. Or shortly after in the early evening. Not so much on the weekends. There are some, mostly from the upper midwest, that post at all the crazy hours. 1 AM, 3 AM or 6 AM. I understand BTW. What I don't understand is why some really good Shamrockers will VISIT regularly but never sign up.
                                1988 26' cuddy
                                1975 20' open
                                16' Sandpiper
                                14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
                                X