Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

The Dock Side Lounge

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It makes me sick to think that any of our tax dollars went into any effort to get her out of trouble. She refused to honor the national anthem/flag... let her rot in Russia for all I care!
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• So another VIP from Raleigh has moved on the canal. I have been here since 1987. He is going around lining up people because "we need to get the canal dredged". We? It will only be about $10,000 each! My answer was," you want me to pay $10,000 so the new, 6 weekly rentals can get more money and you can get your boat out? I get out". He wasn't happy and we most likely will not be having dinner together anytime soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	mud.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	35439
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Ship
        Ship commented
        Editing a comment
        Just not a team player! You need to carry more people. The poor people need help, the middle class people need help(and jobs) and the rich people need your money. Which one will it be?

• Been here 35 years and never seen it this low. Can you guess how wide my drag is? Click image for larger version

Name:	low tide.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	35600 Click image for larger version

Name:	Low tide3.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	35601 Click image for larger version

Name:	Low tide5.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	35602
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• I used a bucket tied to a ski harness. Tie it off on one side tight and one side loose to get it to get closer to the side. Or at least that was my method. My ski rope was a wye splice not the sliding ring type.
        Atlantic City, NJ
        1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

• Nice work Jerry. Couldn't of done better with "real" dredge.
          1980 pilot house 351
          1988 260 predator 408

Comment

• Water levels low?? I thought the oceans were rising and we are down to 11 years left

Comment

• This is what I get for forgetting to pay Gore for my carbon credits.
              1988 26' cuddy
              1975 20' open
              16' Sandpiper
              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
                So another VIP from Raleigh has moved on the canal. I have been here since 1987. He is going around lining up people because "we need to get the canal dredged". We? It will only be about $10,000 each! My answer was," you want me to pay $10,000 so the new, 6 weekly rentals can get more money and you can get your boat out? I get out". He wasn't happy and we most likely will not be having dinner together anytime soon. Click image for larger version

You the MAN Jerry, maybe he needs the old prop backwash treatment. ;-)

Comment

• Just for the fun of it. Click image for larger version

Name:	story.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	35654
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Classic eastern Carolina culinary craftsmanship. Michael Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	35680 Angelos 1/2 meatball pizza.Emerald Isle.
                    1988 26' cuddy
                    1975 20' open
                    16' Sandpiper
                    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Went to Circle Pizza the other night. Told waitress "we'll have a large cheese pie". Sorry, we don't have pie, only pizza. Ya, you'll go far.
                      1988 26' cuddy
                      1975 20' open
                      16' Sandpiper
                      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Jerry!! It's Carteret County. The gene pool is shallower than your canal! What do you expect?

Comment

• Sauce or gravy is the question. How does zz equal t? All neighborhood questions around here. I get your pain though.
                          Atlantic City, NJ
                          1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

• I remember a long time ago I was at a restaurant in Racine Wisconsin right on the lake. I asked the waitress how far it was to the other side. She looked upward and said. "Wait, they told me I might get this question. Let me think.......... 3000 miles............................I think."
                            I asked her what time she got off.
                            1980 pilot house 351
                            1988 260 predator 408

Comment

• Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
                              So another VIP from Raleigh has moved on the canal. I have been here since 1987. He is going around lining up people because "we need to get the canal dredged". We? It will only be about $10,000 each! My answer was," you want me to pay $10,000 so the new, 6 weekly rentals can get more money and you can get your boat out? I get out". He wasn't happy and we most likely will not be having dinner together anytime soon. Click image for larger version

The whole family shows up yesterday with all the appropriate water toys. One of them says " they must have opened the dam last night" Click image for larger version

Name:	canal neighbors.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	35717
                              1988 26' cuddy
                              1975 20' open
                              16' Sandpiper
                              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
                              X