Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Thought this was funny.....hypocrits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought this was funny.....hypocrits

So, I have been working on this 20 ton a day ice machine. The customer insists on keeping this running even though the commercial fishing, as we know , is circling the drain. This machine takes r22 refrigerant as you can see on the box. But, I just "love" how they have to add that caution statement on the box as they charge me almost $1700.00 for a 30# cylinder (my cost) As we all know this is and always will be about $$. Crazy!
    Attached Files

So dumb and the price is crazy.

I have 2 15lb cylinders of R22 that a friend sold me this summer for 200.00!

Could you have used a R22 "drop in" replacement?

Steve
    1998 260 Mackinaw Sea Maxx 5.7 HO TBI 12' Klamath w/ 20hp Tohatsu EFI

Comment

You think that's high, the refrigerant R290 is worse. R290 is propane. By law all new prep tables and small unitary refrigeration units that are in commercial kitchens have this. Household refrigerators/freezers are butane or R600a. Even though it does not come in 30# cylinders, when I did some quick math.....with tax, it came out to be just shy of $1900.00 my cost. Think about that for a moment the next time you go change out your Blue Rhino tank for hamburgers and hotdogs! This really shows the real hypocrisy of the idiot environmentist......I guess the $uc%tards don't realize where propane/butane come from!!!

Getting back to your question. Yes, I can put a drop in replacement in but several factors come into play. Aside from oils changes (not a big deal), on the performance side of things there is 20-30% loss in ice production and the energy usage increases by approximately 20%.

Comment

I knew about using propane as a refrigerant for years but just recently noticed the R290 designation. I did not know about R600a.

The enviros continue to prove Einstein correct, "stupidity has no limits".

Steve
        1998 260 Mackinaw Sea Maxx 5.7 HO TBI 12' Klamath w/ 20hp Tohatsu EFI

Comment

We installed two 35,000 hp turbine driven propane refrigerant compressors on the North Slope to recover NGLs and miscible injectant from the gas we produce and reinject at Prudhoe Bay. Glad we also make our own propane for the refrigerant and not held hostage by the greenie police!

Comment

Working...
          X