Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Warning for HiTek manifold owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning for HiTek manifold owners

Word of caution to you guys that have Hi Teks on your boat- with a freshwater flush after each use, I got 130 hours out of mine. Total waste of money these were outsourced to Chinese manufacturing around 2015 ish. Keep an eye out on yours. This is the worst one on the starboard bank,the port side has bubbles just starting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2600.JPG Views:	0 Size:	436.5 KB ID:	32882

That sucks! Sorry that you had this happen. Maybe you should reach out to Hi Tek and see if they'll do something for you. That's entirely unacceptable, and negates their primary advertised benefit.
    1987 26' Hardtop
    1996 20' Walkaround Cuddy

Comment

I should but I'm thinking they'll tell me I'm over the 5 year warranty anyway. Was not happy with their fitment or their sparkplug access right from the beginning but thought they would last longer that the cast iron ones. Just want to let others know not to bother with them or if they have them to keep an eye on them.

Comment

Working...
      X