Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Flushing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mako2 View Post
    Good point about the screen. Looking closer to the drawing ours was slightly different but very much the same idea. We had the “T” on the inlet side of the strainer. My thought was it also allowed the strainer to be flushed. As there were seasons where we were running after freezing temps arrived. When we got back to the dock after a fishing trip we put potable antifreeze in the bucket and ran the engine pulling the antifreeze mix from the bucket until we saw antifreeze coming out of the exhaust. All we were ever out was around 2 gallons of antifreeze on a trip but we fortunately never had a freeze up problem.
    Yup, thats how we winterize. Not that I have in years if the boat stays in the water.. Global warming ya kno. Just reminded me to send AlGore some money for more carbon credits. Y'all buy them doncha.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Good point about the screen..boi hrmsteatv apk
      Last edited by bumankumar3; 09-29-2021, 03:37 AM.

Comment

This is my flush out system. Simple addition of a hose bib to the rw hose.
        Attached Files
        Shamrock 20 CC
        14’ Amesbury Dory
        14’ Cape Dory
        10’ Cape Dory
        8’ Duke

Comment

This what I intend to install.
          https://www.wholesalemarine.com/groc...rvice-adapter/

Install after the shutoff valve at the intake to the cooling system.
          Last edited by Striper Sniper; 10-05-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X