Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your safe...... stay that way will ya.
    Just wishin', and hopen', and dreamin'

Comment

• My My Hey Hey
      My My Hey Hey commented
      Editing a comment
      You think it's time we had him committed Greg?

• GREGK
      GREGK commented
      Editing a comment
      Naaa we could have done it too.

You guy's are sure right. He can fix that easily- fixing himself is a whole nother pay grade where he don't need to go.

Comment

After thinking about how to get it blocked up again, and working on it yesterday, I decided not to. Clean and paint bottom where it is then roll her over and do the other side. Then raise the bow with the boom on the forklift and the sling. Back the trailer under and done. If I have to, once the bow is on the trailer, I can lift the stern with the forklift. Thats the plan. Think I'll fix the forklift first.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Greg, Steve, Gary, y'all been talking to Linda.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

How'd the keel hold up?

Gerry.....do you think it'd be worth getting a small crane in there, picking it up once. I have no idea what those costs would be....but....it may be the safest way and easiest. Nows the time to ask for help.
          Who knows, the crane guy may be a Shamrock owner too? My 2 cents...again.

Comment

Originally posted by Boatsparky View Post
            How'd the keel hold up?

Gerry.....do you think it'd be worth getting a small crane in there, picking it up once. I have no idea what those costs would be....but....it may be the safest way and easiest. Nows the time to ask for help.
            Who knows, the crane guy may be a Shamrock owner too? My 2 cents...again.
            Think I've got it figured out. No damage to the boat. If I need help, I will ask for it. Probably get a crane for free if I need it.
            1988 26' cuddy
            1975 20' open
            16' Sandpiper
            14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Damn Gerry! I'm glad you are unscathed! Working alone, you must operate with a heightened sense of self-preservation.

Iffen the forklift needs brakes, please fix it now! My local machinist who repaired my hydraulic cylinders - and could make them from scratch - neglected the brakes on his forklift. It rolled while he was offloading it with his apprentice behind the controls, and it crushed him to death. It was tragic and unnecessary. The guy was a genius machinist and a fine gentleman.

Get the help with the free crane!
              1987 26' Hardtop
              1996 20' Walkaround Cuddy

Comment

Never had a forklift with brakes.
                1988 26' cuddy
                1975 20' open
                16' Sandpiper
                14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Deputyrpa
                  Deputyrpa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I suppose it'll stop, but you just don't know when.

πŸŸ₯. Jerry the forklift has been red tagged out of service until all necessary repairs has been made. Signed your friends on this site. Please take great care of yourself and stay well.
                Mark
                1990 26’ open 351W Indmar
                1987 30’ Blackwatch twin 351W Crusaders (sold)

Comment

Got the forklift running good. Had to go pick up a trailer in Charleston Monday and worked on it yesterday. Probably today also. Then will get back on my 26. Buying a new 4400 PSI pressure washer. Great for the bottom and my house. $1,000 but that is what someone would charge me for 1/3 of what I need done at the house. My time is cheap these days.
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Don’t sell yourself short, your time maybe cheap these days but your value to yourself and those around you certainly is not.
                    Mark
                    1990 26’ open 351W Indmar
                    1987 30’ Blackwatch twin 351W Crusaders (sold)

Comment

Oh crap!! That's a bad day alright, so sorry this happened to you Jerry! You'll have her back in ship shape soon though, fortunate thing is no injuries!
                      1986 20' Openfish PCM 302 RWC
                      Marblehead, MA

Comment

Searching my pile today and found a couple of fixable Hooters and a full sheet of 1/2" starboard. Swim platform solved. The Hooters also solve another problem. I am going with a set of stainless exhaust manifolds that came off an I/O. No risers and I could not find surge chambers. I believe the hooters, with flaps on either the exhaust thru hull or the back of the hooter, will solve the problem of water surging up into the engine. Think I'll glass some pipe into the hooters, ala Holty, and put the flap on the back. Will look cool. Thinking this will quiet it some also. What y'all think.
                        1988 26' cuddy
                        1975 20' open
                        16' Sandpiper
                        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

I'd say go for it....unless you think it could be louder than it was before?
                          Karen
                          Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                          1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                          1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                          3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

That is a great idea. My Mack has Hooters and I don't think it is that loud, it might be for the boats off my transom...

I am thinking about welding a flange on these so they can be screwed to the Hooter outlet and then adding flaps.

https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-1263...lencers-4.aspx

Last edited by tuner; 06-02-2021, 08:32 PM.
                            Steve
                            1998 260 Mackinaw Sea Maxx 5.7 HO TBI 12' Klamath w/ 20hp Tohatsu EFI

Comment

Working...
                            X