Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Transducer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transducer

I’m looking it replacing the original thru hull transducer that came in my boat. I can purchase a replacement that uses the 2” hole that’s already there or I can get a flush mount by cutting the hole just a little bit bigger. I am curious if the keel will interfere with the sonar at all. Where the transducer is in my boat is just aft of the transmission on the starboard side. Either option I decide on will only be a couple inches from the keel and where that is the keel is about nine inches. I know in hull transducers will shoot through the hull and there aren’t any issues. Don’t know about the keel though
    thanks in advance
    adam

The transducer shoots a cone down. You can check the angle of the cone and see if it intersects the keel.
    Atlantic City, NJ
    1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

I installed a flush-mount transducer in my 23' WA, and it works great. Mine is just aft of the transmission on the starboard side. I enlarged the thru-hull for the raw water intake, which I never use.

When you order the flush-mount transducer, you need to know the correct angle. I don't remember off-hand, but know that I found the correct angle by searching the Shamrock forum (I think it was the other site; before this one was established)
      Clint Smith
      Idaville, Oregon
      '93 22' Warrior (Walkaround)

Comment

Working...
      X