Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Windshield trim alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield trim alternative

I did a search and found what I think is the replacement for the windshield trim for our boats. I found it through the pompanette website. It’s $4/ft which is expensive considering there is roughly 55 feet of it covering all the glass in a cuddy. Has anyone found something different to use? I know the glass is bonded in place with urethane or something similar and the rubber is just for looks but I’m having a hard time spending that much on this rubber. What if any are my options, or what has someone else done?
    thanks adam

I only had to replace the windshield stuff so I bit the bullet and got the pompanette stuff, but if doing again I think I would do a 1/4 round rubber seal against the glass with a bead of black silicone around the aluminum frame edge to blend in the back side and shed water. I checked with a couple of local auto glass repair places and they had close, but not quite the same, options. You may do that and get something close so only a small amount of silicone needed for final seal.
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Thanks Karen. I think I might just buy some sort or adhesive sealant in caulk tubes and fill in the void where the seal is. Seems I could lay a nice bead and took it around.

Comment

Working...
      X