Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

It's Coming to an End...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Coming to an End...

And what a way to bring this season's college basketball championship tourney to an end! College basketball is the only sport I really follow, my Villanova Wildcats aren't playing anymore, but last night's game between Gonzaga and UCLA, a 1 seed against an 11 play-in first 4 team, was a classic! OT with a last second shot sending Gonzaga to the championship game against Butler. I only hope that the game tomorrow will be as good! Then it's on to getting the boat ready as this ends my winter hibernation watching college BB. Go Zags!

I look forward to 'March Madness' every spring. Great games with still young, unassuming amateur athletes. And.....It signals the boat will be in the water soon. I am a long-time St. Johns Redmen fan . Although the Johnnies have fallen on tough times in recent years, I always root for the Big East teams playing in the tournament. As Fish Witch said, last night's game was a classic. I was never sure who I really wanted to win as both teams played great. The shot by Gonzaga about 10' inside half-court, as time expired, was thrilling for them but I could feel the pain watching the faces of the UCLA bunch. I will pull for Gonzaga tomorrow night as well. They have had great teams over the years but have never won the championship. Next.........wax on wax off.

regards Holty

Comment

Well, not such a great game since the outcome seemed set from the first couple of minutes when Scruggs got his second foul and had to sit. In some sense of comfort though, I feel a little better knowing my Wildcats were leading Butler for 3/4 of the game, until their defense clamped down for the last ten minutes of their game, A better showing than the Zags.

And now for the wax like Holty says and fishing season coming soon

Comment

Butlers defense was on them like white on rice.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
        X