Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Stud finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stud finder

I mean wall studs. The tounge and grove on my ceiling is coming loose in some places. Jack leg construction Inc. missed the studs in more than one spot. Can anyone recommend a decent stud finder at a resonable cost? Thanks.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Want to use mine? It's awesome. Even tells you where live circuits are. I use it to hang mini splits and other refrigeration crap on walls. It works very well.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I will borrow it when I get the scaffolding set up. Will only need it for one day.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Brittany in high heels and pushup bra?
        1988 WalkThru 20
        302 Ford
        (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by reefbreak View Post
          Want to use mine? It's awesome. Even tells you where live circuits are. I use it to hang mini splits and other refrigeration crap on walls. It works very well.
          Can you tell us which one you have?

Comment

Take very fine steel wool, break it up a bit, and rub it where you believe the studs are. The screws are magnetized enough to attract the fine wool hairs. It works better than you'd think.
            1987 26' Hardtop
            1996 20' Walkaround Cuddy

Comment

• Ship
              Ship commented
              Editing a comment
              Some areas still use nails which don't show up.

• Deputyrpa
              Deputyrpa commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha ha .... yep! Nails are typically used for wood T&G. The steel wool would only be useful for polishing in this case...
          Working...
          X