Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Largest collection of rod holders in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest collection of rod holders in history

Just had to post. I know Shamrocks have always been considered excellent fishing boats but i've never seen so many rod holders in my life. I just picked up another hull. This makes 7 now and i'm counting around 40 rod holders ive taken off. Not counting the flush deck stuff. The 20 center console with a t-top had 14 clamped all over the place and 8 more in the deck. Couldn't even walk around the boat without snagging on one. Toooooo funny. You couldn't troll that many off a 53 Hatarus. lol.

They aren't always intended to troll all at the same time, numerous sets placed in different places allow for different techniques to be available, sometimes trolling big boards, sometimes downrigger or maybe a combination set up, with many being used as out of the way storage. It isn't unusual to have 15 rods on deck available for 2 or 3 different approaches with only half in use. It also allows extra places to move actively fishing rods out of the way when bringing in fish on a complicated set out.
    it may not be everyone's preference for looks, but it may be very practical for the person who is running the boat.
    Karen
    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

I've trolled 12 rods at one time on my Shamrock 26 Cuddy using planner boards with 125 foot of line. I could put many more lines out but usually only have 2-3 people on the boat counting myself so 12 is plenty to manage.
      Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
      1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
      2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
      Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
      17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

I put out 3 and get crossed.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

I pull 8 or 9 off my 22' for tuna and billfish...

Comment

This is why you need so many.....
            1985 26 Cuddy PCM 5.7 vortec
            1991 20 Predator PCM 5.8
            San Diego

Comment

In all seriousness, post up some pics and prices of the holders you've removed...I will take a few off your hands and know several others that are looking for decent used rod holders.
              1986 26' HT w/5.7 PCM 330HP RWC

Comment

Originally posted by Ibfishing View Post
                This is why you need so many.....
                ibfishing, can we get a close up of that tackle station, please,
                1988 26' cuddy
                1975 20' open
                16' Sandpiper
                14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

I believe it’s like all other Predator tackle stations except painted and faucet removed.
                  1985 26 Cuddy PCM 5.7 vortec
                  1991 20 Predator PCM 5.8
                  San Diego

Comment

Yes it is the same. I thought it may have been custom. You have one of the best looking Classic Shamrocks.
                    1988 26' cuddy
                    1975 20' open
                    16' Sandpiper
                    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

This is why I love this site. True fishing lovers using their Shammie to the max. They truly are versatile machines, aren't they?
                      Nay
                      If it doesn't say SHAMROCK, it doesn't say much

'85 Shamrock 17'
                      '68 Bertram 20' Bahia Mar

Comment

I tolled 8 - 10 on my 246. But that was a gelding. LOL.
                        Last edited by GREGK; 01-27-2021, 09:40 AM.
                        Just wishin', and hopen', and dreamin'

Comment

For some reason this thread has reminded me of a gentleman who used to post on the old shamrock site with photos (excellent photographer) of sunsets, birds, and his adventures fishing from a jetski. He stopped posting there I think, would be great to have him here.
                          1988 WalkThru 20
                          302 Ford
                          (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Islander View Post
                            For some reason this thread has reminded me of a gentleman who used to post on the old shamrock site with photos (excellent photographer) of sunsets, birds, and his adventures fishing from a jetski. He stopped posting there I think, would be great to have him here.
                            Jetski Brian - I miss his pictures too! I've seen his posts on other sites but he's been missing from them too. THT has a thread about his MIA, seems he moved to Abaco, got his jet ski stolen and got hurt by Dorian and is recovering. Hope he comes back and posts some awesome pictures again.

Comment

That was Jetski Brian. Do not know why he stopped posting.
                              1988 26' cuddy
                              1975 20' open
                              16' Sandpiper
                              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
                              X