Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Ar15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ar15

Elections have consequences. Given the results, I went to local gun store and came home with a brand new, all black,30 round mag 5.56 NATO AR15!!!! And lots of ammo, which was only being sold to gun buyers. Guns are cool to own/use for sport, the AR platform is fantastic, first time owner.
    Need to get reloading dies, we go through a hundred bucks of store bought ammo real fast! Click image for larger version  Name:	ar15.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.4 KB ID:	29627
    1988 WalkThru 20
    302 Ford
    (sold)

Nice. What manufacturer? FN? The handguard in your pic reminds me of an FN-FAL.

I shoot ARs in NRA and CMP formal High-Power competitions...let me know if you want some handloading recipes that have worked real well for me. I've got one recipe that shoots tacks out of my guns (under 1 MOA) and it uses cheapo light bullets (55gr flat-base softpoints). If you're looking for a good 2-stage trigger, RRA makes the best one I've found at the ~ $100 price point, and if you want the best, the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match Service Rifle trigger (~$300) can't be beat. It's the best trigger I've ever used on any gun I've ever used...

Have fun with it while they're still legal!

Comment

Hi Crunch, it's a Springfield Armory Saint with B5 Systems handguard. That photo is generic. The FAL is on my bucket list to own. There's an interesting documentary on YouTube about how the FAL nearly became our battle rifle.
      Thank you for the reloading offer, I need to study the caliber and pick the right powder. Any suggestions with powder appreciated! And cheap source for copper plated bullets, I heard Bob's are good. We like to shoot at steel targets and such, paper plates, not intending to shoot from a bench, although it probably shoots tight groups.

They are officially referred to as Modern Sporting Rifles. I still can't see using one for deer hunting, but folks do. Wild charging lion - ya!
      1988 WalkThru 20
      302 Ford
      (sold)

Comment

Working...
      X