Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Smoking here on the East coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking here on the East coast

I got these very unusual pictures of how the smoke is effecting us. The road shot is east bound and in the am about 8am and the boat one is west looking at 8 pm both are unusual in that the sun is so dull and small. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200916_183151.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	28644Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200915_071951.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	28645
    Atlantic City, NJ
    1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

The smoke is what remains of Ponderosa Pines, Douglas Fir, Old Growth Redwoods some over 2,000 years old, wild life habitat and some ones dreams and history. Up in smoke
    2001 246 WA
    Mercruiser 5.7 Horizon

Comment

That's weird it's not that bad here in the Chicago area. Sun was huge tonight but very red/orange. A couple of years ago when Canada had those fires it was like a fog here. Must be passing south of us?

Comment

I'm seeing and hearing about this on the news but honestly cannot see the evidence here in Maryland personally.... Maybe it's ny 68 year old eyes that can't see it....LOL
        Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
        1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
        2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
        Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
        17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

Except the sun being strange, I haven't seen or smelled anything.
          Atlantic City, NJ
          1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Ship:

We aren't getting strong smoke smell, but the visibility from particulate is down to 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Standing on the East side of Vancouver Island, looking across the Georgia St I could normally see your Alaska cruise ship once it rounded Pt. Atkinson heading North. Approx 20 miles. We've been under health warnings to abstain from outside activities. The air is so thick that the suns heat won;t penetrate it. We went from 75 to 80 degrees to 65 to 70 over night. Throats and eyes get scratchy sore. Haven't fished salmon for nearly 2 weeks.
            Enjoy,
            Tony

1981 20 ft cuddy
            4.3L Chev V-6

Comment

Working...
            X