Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Thru hull transducer question and a couple comnts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thru hull transducer question and a couple comnts

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200730_163223.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	3.87 MB
ID:	27749 Hey there. I've got a little accomplished over the past couple weeks as time allows. Replaced exhaust galvanized pipe with 3" trident hose. Replaced shaft log hose. Repacked shaft and rudder. Strut bearing felt fine. Decided to clean and keep the tiller arm for a few more seasons. Replaced valve on raw water inlet.

Now for the question about the thru hull transducer.
    I've never had one like this and was wondering if someone could look at the picture and fill me in on this type?

I've had tranzom mount, thru hull with a threaded brass mount, ive even placed a transom mount transducer in a container of water and shot thru the hull of a crab boat i had. Never one like this one though. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200730_163203.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	27748

Airmar B744V possibly.
    May be some installation instructions somewhere online that may help to determine the reverse procedure to get it out.
    Richard
    78 20' cuddy
    2004 pcm 351 HO FWC
    BW 1:1

Comment

Gemeco Marine Accessories
      1141 South Ron McNair Boulevard
      Lake City, SC 29560 USA
      Phone : 803 693 0777

I think they may be able to help you also.
      Richard
      78 20' cuddy
      2004 pcm 351 HO FWC
      BW 1:1

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

• RC65
          RC65 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome!

There was one in the 31 when I got it. I hooked it up to a Garmin 585. Worked great. Look at the plug, that will tell you what machine it will go to. Adaptors are made so you can hook it to just about any machine. Tell me what the plug looks like and I'll look it up for you. 8 pin, 7 pin, etc. Take a picture. There is a plug for when you remove it.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        31 Grand Slam
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Jerry used the term plug for the electronic connection and the removable transducer. The transducer can be removed and an addition blank plug installed in it's place.
          Atlantic City, NJ
          1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

The boat came with 2 dated lowrance units.
            An xc_111 and an xc-104.

Just thinking ahead and wondering whether to keep this transducer or update at some point. But if its decent I'll keep it. I'm not fishing much anymore so a top of the line high resolution one isn't really needed..
            I know one lowrance unit powers up to logo screen and locks up. Haven't tried the other yet.

While doing the exhaust replacement I cut out about a 10" glass crack just after of the engine mount.
            The wood was a little wet on top...but rock solid.. i let it dry out for a few days and glassed her up....."Fix" would be proud!

🙂

Comment

While doing the exhaust replacement I cut out about a 10" glass crack just after of the engine mount.
              The wood was a little wet on top...but rock solid.. i let it dry out for a few days and glassed her up....."Fix" would be proud!

🙂[/QUOTE]

Good, never make more work for yourself.
              1988 26' cuddy
              1975 20' open
              31 Grand Slam
              16' Sandpiper
              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Working...
              X