Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Boat dock creativity / advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat dock creativity / advice

i live on a lagoon in NJ and have 50’ of bulkhead and an even shorter dock. Anyone have any creative suggestions how i can fit two boats? I’ve been keeping my buddies 32’ Seavee while I’m on the boat hunt and now I’m spoiled with having it in my backyard for when we go offshore. I’ve been looking at 20 and 22’ shamrocks.

A lift on each side of your dock and if needed a dock extension...it is just money. Haha.

Comment

• Jersey Drape
      Jersey Drape commented
      Editing a comment
      see that’s the issue... I’d have no problem spending a lot of money! It’s the fact i have to do everything on a budget that really makes things difficult!!

"Swamp Yankee" way. Just raft them together. Not doing it right unless your 4 deep.
    '78 20ft Cuddy
    Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

• Jersey Drape
      Jersey Drape commented
      Editing a comment
      I was considering pushing my dock out to 8’ then tucking the narrow beam between the 32 and the bulkhead. Neighbors are already trying to figure out what’s going on.

I have 68' of bulkhead. 26'er, 20'er, 14'er and a 16'er. When my son comes we tie his 25 off to my 26. I'll get a picture.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    31 Grand Slam
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Comment

How wide is the lagoon? Are you on the end? I have roughly 70’ across and I’m one from the end so I’m trying To be mindful of the neighbors! If only i can find the right shammy though. This search has proved more difficult than i imagined.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dock.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	23310 Sweet setup if I do say so myself. Boats were taken out for storm.
          1988 26' cuddy
          1975 20' open
          31 Grand Slam
          16' Sandpiper
          14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

I have some customers around Atlantic Beach that live on real narrow canals, they park their boats on an angle to the dock so that they can park multiple boats at the same dock. They don't have very wide lots with dock.

Comment

What are you looking for in a 20 and how tight a budget? I may know of a possible deal depending on what you're looking for.
              Atlantic City, NJ
              1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

I’m mainly looking for center consoles and would prefer the wide beam. I’m looking at $10k or less depending.

Comment

What I know of is both narrow and cuddy. Oh well.
                  Atlantic City, NJ
                  1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Working...
                  X