Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

A question for the Site Commander...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for the Site Commander...

I was leaving my marina this aft, and happened to look at a blocked boat in the work yard about 100 feet away. I dont see many hulls like this one and inboard to boot, so climbed out and walked over. Didn't have my phone with me or would have taken a pic or two. NO one around, looked to be about 25 to 30 feet long, twin engine, 1 1/2 to 2 inch shafts, no keel, registered to Port Alberni, on Vancouver Is. Called a Carolina Classic, the stern decal said Cobra. It sat on what appeared to be a custom cradle with welded in Brunnell boat stands under it. Expensive to run but a cool looking boat. This wouldn't be Quick Fix's old company by any chance? Pretty sure some of you southern boys have a line on this boat? What's the scoop?
    Enjoy,
    Tony

1981 20 ft cuddy
    4.3L Chev V-6

Carolina Classics are made right here in Eastern North Carolina. Been around about 40 years. Good boats. Come in the I/O and inboard versions. Usually with twin 454s. A lot of them around here, I have 2 in the marina with me. One an I/O and the other a straight inboard with diesels.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    31 Grand Slam
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Carolina Classics have a very definitive look, the pronounced flare out around the top of the hull was designed to throw off the spray that is so common in the near shore waters on the coast from what I recall from reading when I was boat shopping a few years ago.
      Karen
      Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
      1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
      1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
      3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherlady2 View Post
        Carolina Classics have a very definitive look, the pronounced flare out around the top of the hull was designed to throw off the spray that is so common in the near shore waters on the coast from what I recall from reading when I was boat shopping a few years ago.
        The Carolina flare.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        31 Grand Slam
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Looks to be a well made solid boat. Complete with half tower, out riggers and deep pockets to pay the gas pumps. CDN prices at the pumps run from $5 to $7 a gallon. Guessing a 454 wouldn't like trolling for hours chasing salmon. So probably diesels with a valve. The custom cradle is impressive. First time I've seen one for a power boat.
          Enjoy,
          Tony

1981 20 ft cuddy
          4.3L Chev V-6

Comment

I am liking the title 'Site Commander'. Has a nice ring to it. Let's hope it sticks. Good job Tony.

regards Holty

Comment

Or "Carolina Site Commander"
              '78 20ft Cuddy
              Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	28cc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	152.2 KB ID:	23279
                1988 26' cuddy
                1975 20' open
                31 Grand Slam
                16' Sandpiper
                14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Here ya go Tony. Not the boat the GS 31 is. For the hurricane, they hauled the 31 and I wasn't there. I had shown the yard boss where the keys were and that all the fuel and RW valves were closed. Yesterday another boat owner told me that he was there when they hauled it and every one in the whole marina stopped what they were doing and and looked, when they started her up. Said, "thats awesome, what a sound". Charter boat Capt told me today that I had the best boat in the marina. It is a small marina but I'm proud.

BTW everyone, I'm back in the water and in good health, any one want to go fishin?
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  31 Grand Slam
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Jerry, that is great to hear.
                    Atlantic City, NJ
                    1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
                      Here ya go Tony. Not the boat the GS 31 is. For the hurricane, they hauled the 31 and I wasn't there. I had shown the yard boss where the keys were and that all the fuel and RW valves were closed. Yesterday another boat owner told me that he was there when they hauled it and every one in the whole marina stopped what they were doing and and looked, when they started her up. Said, "thats awesome, what a sound". Charter boat Capt told me today that I had the best boat in the marina. It is a small marina but I'm proud.

BTW everyone, I'm back in the water and in good health, any one want to go fishin?
                      Jerry, I'm game! Let's go trolling for pinfish. Blow fish should be showing up soon.......maybe get a lil crazy and go for some grouper/trigger? I've been saving gas money for "Linda's Rock"!

Comment

Jerry. Glad to hear you are doing well.
                        1990 26’ open 351W

Comment

Great news. See, give a guy a title and he perks right up....

What would be a major perk when you're really old and crotchity and no longer own the 31, is a video beginning with said start-up.

From what I've seen of the 31, you have good reason to be proud!

Enjoy,
                          Tony

1981 20 ft cuddy
                          4.3L Chev V-6

Comment

Holty, don't you have a Carolina Classic?
                            1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

30 Mainship Pilot II

regards Holty

Comment

Working...
                              X