Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Dorian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reefbreak View Post

It ricocheted off your house and will whacking us. Stupid storm! Hang in there Jerry! If you need anything, call me!
    Looks like we both will be getting hammered. Years ago I got hammered a lot but, thats another story. Last year I didn't take it as serious as I should have. I'm ready this year. Got the 12000 KW hooked up and plenty of food and fuel. Don't have to worry about the 31 or any of the boats. Not going to loose my fish in the pond this time, moving them. Need anything Chris, call me, 25 minutes away if the bridge is open.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    31 Grand Slam
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Anyone need a room or place to store a boat come on out to the Charlotte area and I will put you up until this storm passes

Comment

Best to luck to all of you in the line of Dorian. Looks like Maryland is going to dodge the bullet again. Carole and I leave Sunday for 2 weeks in Alaska on an overland/cruise for our 40th anniversary, I'll be watching when I can to see how you call made out... Prayers to all.
        Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
        1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
        2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
        Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
        17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

• cw.abeljr
          cw.abeljr commented
          Editing a comment
          Fish Witch, thanks so much for the offer. Halibut fishing is the one thing that I wanted to do while in Alaska but the only day we don't have an excursion where I could fit it in we will be in Fairbanks and that is like 400 miles from Seward. There just is not enough time to fit in everything the the two of us wished to do..... I do really appreciate the offer.
          Last edited by cw.abeljr; 09-06-2019, 06:01 AM.

• cw.abeljr
          cw.abeljr commented
          Editing a comment
          Mako 2 thank you

• cw.abeljr
          cw.abeljr commented
          Editing a comment
          Ship, We are both really excited about the trip. We have excursions planned for every day but Monday. Figured we would take it easy the 1st day getting accustomed to the time change. Really hope to see the Northern lights that night.

Best of luck all. Keep the faith
        '78 20ft Cuddy
        Mercruiser 350 FWC preVortec w/Carb

Comment

Prayers for safety for all.
          Atlantic City, NJ
          1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

As I type, Dorian is approximately 10-15 miles off Bald Head Island/Southport. Power has been out since little before dusk. Stations I use are down so can't tell you wind speeds but guessing we have had some 50's, possibly 60's. As the eye passes winds will shift to the backside of the house which is a little more vulnerable but am encouraged so far. Tornados have been the story south, west, and north of us but to my knowledge no fatalities. Several homes will likely be totaled as you can see the duct work in their attics where the roof is missing.

Quick and ReefBreak, your up next!
            Last edited by crhodes; 09-05-2019, 08:28 PM.
            C Rhodes
            26' Mackinaw - 1990
            351 Indmar (1990-2006: Great Engine)
            351 PCM (2006 - Current)
            Southport, NC

Comment

Couple of tornadoes went through Emerald Isle this afternoon. A lot of damage to the Travel Park. RVs don't hold up too well. Tornadoes scare me. You can't plan for them. So far just a Nor'easter. Boring, it should be gone tomorrow.
              Clean up then back to normal, whatever that is.
              1988 26' cuddy
              1975 20' open
              31 Grand Slam
              16' Sandpiper
              14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Normal.?!..... Jerry, what is normal considering what we both have been thru in the past year. I would consider not having a Doctor's appointment every 2-4 weeks normal! Ah.....life!!! Thank God we have boats to take us to dream Land........even if they don't get used much!

Comment

Pretty much a non event here. House rocked a bit during the night and power went out at 3:30. Not even a cleanup. Thanks to Reefbreak, I have a generator that is running my whole house. Life is good.
                  1988 26' cuddy
                  1975 20' open
                  31 Grand Slam
                  16' Sandpiper
                  14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Great to hear Jerry! Now hoping to hear from the other good guys in the path...
                    Karen
                    Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                    1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                    1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                    3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Glad to hear you made it through without major troubles!
                      Richard
                      78 20' cuddy
                      2004 pcm 351 HO FWC
                      BW 1:1

Comment

Blessings welcome!!! Glad and thankful no reports of harm.
                        Atlantic City, NJ
                        1982 Cuddy, Rebuilt 351 .060 rings, Edelbrock carb

Comment

Glad everyone on this side is ok could have gone either way that's for sure. Not a ride anyone would enjoy either . My friend Reid a former Shamrocker and the one that picked up my swim platform from you Jerry is stuck in the Bahamas right now. He went over before the storm to secure his boat,don't know why he could not get back out before all this. Have not seen any pictures of the boat but have of his house which is now just a pile. A neighbor and him took refuge in another neighbors concrete house and are all ok,his video's are scary. The neighbor who he was with is supposed to be brought out soon because he has no meds left,info is very scarce. Dive Guana on facebook has pictures and has let us here in the states know what was going on in that area.

Comment

Every time I see something, like what has happened in the Bahamas, I realize how lucky I am. Seems like there is always someplace that gets wiped out. Mexico Beach, Homestead, Fl. etc. Can't imagine going through something like that. Is the Bahamas a country or British? Don't make fun of me, I always thought they were part of the United Kingdom.
                            1988 26' cuddy
                            1975 20' open
                            31 Grand Slam
                            16' Sandpiper
                            14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

It's a country. I just checked, to make sure, I wasn't 100%. I agree, and count my blessings daily. Puerto Rico isn't anywhere near right yet. For that matter, Louisiana is in the same boat. Did you get power back yet?
                              1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

Working...
                              X