Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Dorian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorian

Another good blow coming where it lands nobody knows...but the models now point to central Florida. Batten down the hatches guys I went thru Andrew and have never partied a hurricane since. Mike, hope your place and boat near Melbourne stay safe.
    1988 WalkThru 20
    302 Ford
    (sold)

Stay safe Tony. I don't think it is coming here but I'm preparing anyway. I didn't last year and got my ass kicked.
    1988 26' cuddy
    1975 20' open
    31 Grand Slam
    16' Sandpiper
    14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Islander, looks like you may dodge the bullet. Dave R next.
      1988 26' cuddy
      1975 20' open
      31 Grand Slam
      16' Sandpiper
      14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

We’re out of the cone Jerry, looks like it’s going to stay offshore and only provide surfers with an epic event. Hope that's all it is anyway
        1988 WalkThru 20
        302 Ford
        (sold)

Comment

Pulled the boat and crab pots on Friday. No one seems to know what it’s going to do but it looks like it’s going to make a lot of rain and some wind. The last two hurricanes we’ve had did more damage from the flooding on the St Johns than the wind.

Comment

I sure hope it stays offshore. Still over 600 houses in Emerald Isle that can't be used from last years storm. Got a 12000 KW generator this time hooked to the house. Dave, do you stay or go? I hate to leave because they close the bridge and don't let you back for a week.
            1988 26' cuddy
            1975 20' open
            31 Grand Slam
            16' Sandpiper
            14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Good luck to everyone on the east coast. Even if it doesn't make landfall, look out for the surge/flooding. Looks like its pushing a whole lot of water. Rain bands already hitting Stuart Fl.

Comment

Thanks Tony. I was down for a couple of days last weekend, and locked everything down. At that point, I don't think Dorian even had a name yet, but I know that September can be a real bitch. Now it's in God's hands. Jerry, looks like you are going to get a good amount of rain.
                1983 Cuddy, 1984 Open

Comment

Fuel tanks out and exhaust manifolds off, yet I had to put the fuel tank deck covers back on and the engine box thanks to Dorian. That was demoralizing. I'm never going to get to finish this boat's 10 year inspection! Instead been boarding up, running generator, helping neighbors, etc. Not liking what I'm seeing tonight on news. Projected path moved about 20 miles closer. This is beginning to remind me of the late 90's when we had 5 hurricanes in 3 years. (Still have the T-shirt to prove it!) Just finished installing a new bulkhead and dock after last year's Florence. Still, feel very fortunate compared to some.

I just want to use my boat.....

Think this hurricane might be like skipping rocks on water. First hits here then skips over open ocean to say hello to Jerry, then skips to Hatteras. Who knows, but it's going to be an interesting next couple of days! Are we having fun yet?!!
                  C Rhodes
                  26' Mackinaw - 1990
                  351 Indmar (1990-2006: Great Engine)
                  351 PCM (2006 - Current)
                  Southport, NC

Comment

It looks like the storm is going to follow the left or west edge of the cone. that's not good. I think that starts in Charleston. Sure hope I am wrong. I have spend 2 full days getting ready. Good luck all.
                    20' PH several modifications'

17 Irvette IB V8 gm

26 Ranger Tug diesel

Comment

Good luck everyone.
                      1980 pilot house 351
                      1988 260 predator 351

Comment

Sending good thoughts and prayers from landlocked Pennsylvania here... hoping it tracks far enough offshore to reduce some of the wind damage but not liking the slow movement, it is really going to dump a ton of water on coastline areas.
                        trailer tongues will need to be chest high to keep water out of the forward bilge with that amount of rain!
                        Karen
                        Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
                        1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
                        1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
                        3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

• crhodes
                          crhodes commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "trailer tongues will need to be chest high to keep water out of the forward bilge with that amount of rain!"

Karen, somehow the visual of a high trailer tongue made me laugh when I thought what neighbors would think seeing that size boat with bow sticking so far up in the air (moving boat to the street today). Batteries charged, bilge pumps (2) verified operable on separate batteries. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Looks like they took a picture of my house and put a big red circle around it.
                        1988 26' cuddy
                        1975 20' open
                        31 Grand Slam
                        16' Sandpiper
                        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Fisherlady2
                          Fisherlady2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I saw that 😕😕

Guys, I hope you’re all safe from this thing. I’m here if I can help any of you.
                        Chip
                        Camden, Delaware

1989 Shamrock 20 Cuddy Cabin (Rock Bottom)
                        PCM 302, RWC

Comment

Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
                          Looks like they took a picture of my house and put a big red circle around it.
                          It ricocheted off your house and will whacking us. Stupid storm! Hang in there Jerry! If you need anything, call me!

Comment

Working...
                          X