Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Does anyone live close to Urbana MD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone live close to Urbana MD?

Hello everyone, i have found a boat i'm very interested in on craigs list 1991 SHAMROCK 196 KEEL DRIVE INBOARD DIESEL OPEN FISH

It ticks all of my boxes !! and it's close to Baltimore for shipping. If anyone lives close i'd pay them to have a look at it, or if anyone knows a surveyor up that way.
    Be very happy if someone has any ideas.
    Regards - Justin

I am about 1.5 hours away but would not know what i am looking at with the diesel engine. Fair amount of MD guys lurking around this board maybe they can help you out more. From the add she looks pretty clean.

Comment

Originally posted by tcf25 View Post
      I am about 1.5 hours away but would not know what i am looking at with the diesel engine. Fair amount of MD guys lurking around this board maybe they can help you out more. From the add she looks pretty clean.
      Thank you for that, I'm hoping its good, I'm also hoping the seller doesn't think i'm a Nigerian scam !! the other good thing is it's only 50miles to the docks
      I am happy to pay someone to go and have a look, Or if someone knows of a surveyor - please let me know.

Comment

Justin, I dont live close, but I did buy a boat in that area 3 years ago and had a good surveyor experience. We used Jim Riehl and he was very thorough and very helpful in educating us on the ins and outs of inboards (we were new to owning an inboard) and his report was very detailed. In fact the report basically gave us the check off list to use during our rehabbing of the boat.

I dont know if he will remember our boat (an 86 hard top called the Aggie B at the time) or the husband and wife from Pennsylvania who were buying her but I know he left a good impression on us.

his contact info (as of 3 years ago)
        Jim Reihl <[email protected]>

good luck with your search and purchase when you find your next boat.
        Karen
        Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
        1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
        1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
        3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

Great thank you Karen, I will get in touch with him straight after i hear back from the seller.......hopefully i will. I am unable to get his phone details or much details off craigs list, a fair bit of it is encoded to the US and only the US

Comment

James Reihl – USSA® Master Marine Surveyor
            North Wind Marine Survey
            8141 Tolchester Rd
            Rock Hall, MD 21661, USA
            Toll Free:
            Land Line: (410) 778-4752
            Karen

Comment

Wishing you the Best of luck!
              Karen

Comment

If someone does have a look at this listing can they get the number and give it to me - i may phone him.
                I try not to as the accent seem to send people into a tail slide
                Last edited by karuhi; 07-06-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

The guys name is paul
                  and the number is
                  (240) 529-3474

Or at least thats what i found when i clicked the contact info

Hope it goes well.
                  looks like a nice rig!
                  Richard
                  78 20' cuddy
                  2004 pcm 351 HO FWC
                  BW 1:1

Comment

Sir, I live in Maryland but haven't a clue where exactly Urbana is. I looked it up and it appears to be about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours drive from me. I could possibly go look at it but my schedule won't allow me to do so until Wednesday at the earliest and if Wednesday doesn't work out it would be Friday. I babysit my granddaughters when my daughter works so that is my schedule problem..... If you can't get the ship surveyor that Karen suggested get back to me.
                    Clyde, Pasadena, Maryland
                    1985 Shamrock (ROCK SOLID)26 Cuddy Cabin
                    2000 Yanmar 4LHDA-STE 230 HP....
                    Hurth HSW 630 A1 1.6 1.58 Trolling Valve
                    17X17 4 bladed Prop with Light Cup

Comment

Originally posted by cw.abeljr View Post
                      Sir, I live in Maryland but haven't a clue where exactly Urbana is. I looked it up and it appears to be about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours drive from me. I could possibly go look at it but my schedule won't allow me to do so until Wednesday at the earliest and if Wednesday doesn't work out it would be Friday. I babysit my granddaughters when my daughter works so that is my schedule problem..... If you can't get the ship surveyor that Karen suggested get back to me.
                      Thank you very much for the offer cw.abeljr - is most appreciated !! you've got to love the internet when something like this happens.
                      Sunday night in the US (Monday morning here) and i will ring the surveyor Monday morning time, and see what i can work out.
                      I have phoned the seller after emailing - he was surprised to hear of someone wanting to send his boat to an island off australia (i didn't know whether to laugh or cry, NZ and Aussie have quite a rivalry. Sydney is 2000km directly west of me) Boat sounds good. He's happy to deal with me so that's great. My brother in law called him first from the US so that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherlady2 View Post
                        Wishing you the Best of luck!
                        Jim (surveyor) is booked solid - but he does remember your boat and you and your husband Karen, you both must have made a good impression too.
                        Back to the drawing board...........

Comment

• Fisherlady2
                          Fisherlady2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is unfortunate, but not surprising, he did a good job and word of mouth is a powerful advertisement! Did you ask him if there was anyone else (or 2) who he could suggest as alternatives?

They pay cash.
                        1988 26' cuddy
                        1975 20' open
                        31 Grand Slam
                        16' Sandpiper
                        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

• Fisherlady2
                          Fisherlady2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I paid in cash... and a few bags of walleye, lol... I think the fish made an impression, lol

Originally posted by Quik Fix View Post
                        They pay cash.
                        what do you mean Quik fix?

Comment

It means.......let's keep the a$$hole gubernments out your business!😁 At least on the sale in the U.S....... Bastards!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X