Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Tracking dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking dog

I have not been out on the boat much recently. I have been working on training my tracking dog. The time training her has paid off. Over the weekend was her "official" release in the field. She went 2 out of 3 on recoveries for some very happy hunters! One track we only had blood at hit site, dog tracked for 300 yards with no blood until the buck started opening up and made the recovery 60 yards away. Second one we also tracked with no blood and ended up jumping a live deer. Backed out and went back 5 hours later and found him dead 75 yards away. She is almost 7 months old and we will keep training and get better! Follow us in Facebook if you want...Oak Hill's Denali
    Attached Files

Dogs are amazing animals, human trainers are too.
    Nice pup.
    Just wishin', and hopen', and dreamin'

Comment

Still loving the ears! Congrats on her success!
      Karen
      Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
      1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
      1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
      3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

You're livin' large Travis. Good pictures.
        1988 26' cuddy
        1975 20' open
        16' Sandpiper
        14' Certified Fiberglass

Comment

Put a couple more deer on tailgates over the weekend. So much fun to watch this dog work. Looking forward to next season to help more hunters out
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X