Announcement

Collapse

ONE RULE

Consider this your neighborhood bar,corner soap box, fish house, marina, coffee shop or anywhere else you go to hang out with friends and talk anything you want. Only thing, personal attacks will not be tolerated. No name calling or belittling. Be civil at all times and have fun. If a topic offends you, don't read any further.
See more
See less

Lake Champlain solo outing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Champlain solo outing

I got a break from working the land and took the 20'er out on Lake Champlain for a few hours of Lake trout fishing. The water was flat as a pancake with almost no wind. I didn't have the downriggers set up yet, so i did some vertical jigging off of 60' to 100' slopes off points and such. I did well, but several biggies sliced my braided line and I eventually ran out of jigs. The heavy spoons were not cutting it. I just ordered a dozen more so I can take the wife out in a few days. I kept one 27" Laker for dinner!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0300[1].JPG
Views:	64
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	31675
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0301[1].JPG
Views:	40
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	31676
    1987 26' Hardtop
    1996 20' Walkaround Cuddy

Gotta love those glass days...feels like sliding on ice!

Comment

Looks like a beautiful place. Enjoy
      Mark
      1990 26’ open 351W Indmar
      1987 30’ Blackwatch twin 351W Crusaders (sold)

Comment

Glad to see you are out and enjoying it! Beautiful spot to spend some time.
        please feel free to post more pictures! I won't be able to get out for a few more weeks at least, pending Dr approval, so going to be enjoying fishing vicariously for a while.
        Karen
        Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
        1986 Shamrock H/T with RWC 330 hp PCM, dual hydraulic helm
        1992 Mako 211CC w/Mercury Optimax 175
        3 other smaller OB boats and a trusty old canoe...

Comment

My wife is going to be cross with you, LOL. "Hon, I'm going out on the lake again so Fisherlady can have some fun watching me catch lakers!"

I'm waiting for my nervous minnows to come in. I do very well with those over most other vertical jigs.
          1987 26' Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Mako2 View Post
            Looks like a beautiful place. Enjoy
            And only two other boats within 10 miles!. One of them was my neighbors trolling in their Steiger Chesapeake.
            1987 26' Hardtop

Comment

• Mako2
              Mako2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow only two other boats. On a busy weekend day in the Manasquan Inlet in NJ you can almost walk across it without getting your feet wet by hopping from boat to boat. So glad I was able to retire and looking forward to going out on the slower week days

• Deputyrpa
              Deputyrpa commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah! Retirement is an awesome gig! For me it has been one year as of today!
          Working...
          X